2013 BOW HUNT

YukonDall

Long Time Member
IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL GET TO BOW HUNT COLORADO NEXT YEAR FOR ELK.....LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK THERE AGAIN.

I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOU FELLAS THOUGHT THE PEAK OF THE ELK RUT NORMALLY IS ????? I WILL BE HUNTING IN THE WEST CENTRAL PART OF THE STATE..........THANKS FOR YOUR TIME................YD.

oct 1st. And, I believe they have moved the season back a week so it won't get over until the 29th. DOW website still shows it ending on the 22nd, but I heard they are going to change it. Anyone know for sure?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Generally it has been best the last week of season as far as the elk being vocal. However, this year I heard more bugles early before muzzy season but I was hunting a high pressured OTC unit.

I was told muzzel loader is always the 2nd sat in sep. That was the 8th thise year and will be the 14th next year. Therefore it will end on the 21st I believe. Archery should then end on the 29th. I could be wrong.

I am pretty certain that the way the statute/rule is written for archery read that archery season always start on the saturday of the last full weekend in August and then ends after the 5th weekend. With muzzy always running the third to 4th weekends of archery. It basically can ##### a max of of only a couple days. I believe it all comes down to where the last full weekend of august lands...

It looks like it was amended to run from the 31st of august to the 29th of september. The later you can hunt the closer to when the cows will be in heat you will be. However as others have previously said sometimes they are the most vocal before the muzzy hunters start in heavily hunted otc units.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom