270 ackley improved

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
what do you all thinkabout this? i am looking at trading my remington rand for a custom 270 AI, i know nothing about it. i have been told that brass is fire formed by shooting standard 270win rounds thorugh it. is this true?
Casey

Not much gain over a standard 270win. Be cool to have something diffrent though. I have a couple improved rifles, a 338-06AI and a 35 Brown/Whelen.

If the chamber was cut correctly you should be able to fireform factory 270 ammo/brass.

What kind of rifle is it? I would verify that it will feed correctly, since sometimes the sharp shoulders will hang up.

What kind of shape is you Rand in?

it is a custom made gun, #5 douglas barrel, mauser 98 action, timney trigger. my rand is in very good shape, accept the numnut who owned it before me had it nickel plated!

4458c6fd505a62b0.jpg

I think I'd have a hard time trading that off on a Mauser.

IMO, unless that Mauser has a nice handle on it and some fantastic metal work, I would be asking for some $$$ on the side.

Casey;

Because of the modifications on the Rem. Rand, it has lost any collector value. The only value it has is comparable with any good 1911 shooter. If the Mauser rifle modifications were done correctly, and the overall appeareance is very good, it should be of similar value to your pistol. As someone else stated, just be sure the rifle feeds correctly, and I would have the headspace checked just to be sure the chamber job was done within specs.

RELH

only about 3-400 fps. the wsm walks off and leaves the ai. the ai is some quicker than a .270 win, but nothing like the wsm.

Casey;

that sounds like a better deal since you already have several other 270 calibers. that 22-250 will get you alot of shooting time on those pesky sage rats, coyotes and other varmin. Have fun with it.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom