41 Elk

sasquatch

Is 41 worth throwing 3 points at? It looks like I can get a tag with 3. Just to clarify what my definition of "worth it" means...I'd like an opportunity to see elk and have a decent opportunity at a bull...score doesn't matter. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rick

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-11 AT 04:27PM (MST)[p]I got a Elk Bull tag in the left over draw back in 1987. It was thru an Outfitter out of Shell, WY. What a joke that was hunting on his "high mountain" ranch bordering the Wilderness. He even took us over to the Wilderness boundary and hunted one day, still a joke to this day with this guy.

Now there might be some Outfitters that work that area but I do not know off hand who right now.

Maybe someone else will have better results for you as my hunt was 24 years ago in late Oct or early Nov just don't remember.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Unit 41 is in the yellow marginal areas in the MRS section of Eastmans latest magazine. I think you could probably do better than that with your 3 PPs if you keep looking. A lot of that unit is lowland until you get in the eastern 1/3 and I think any elk in the western 2/3rds are probably on or near private property along the river. If you decide on that unit, you will probably want to concentrate on the higher country or the transition zone in between if the weather is moving them down out of the forest into their winter range.

Rick,

I am not sure if you are looking for an outfitted hunt or a DIY hunt, but if outfitted I would check out Powder Horn Outfitters. They have a great area to outfit in area 41.

Thanks WYBulls. I have always been a DIY hunter but I'm planning my first WY hunt this year (hopefully elk and lopes) so I will definitely look into PHO. Thanks again...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom