90/10 R/NR split MSGBG

I might have the points, what will happen if all the guys with 17 or more decide to cash in now before the cut? draw odds could go way south.

Aside from something unforeseen I will get my tag and I will hunt sheep in WY. I just hope I'm not one of those poor old guys who needs their wheelchair on a mule when I do. the guy with 15 or 16 points is the guy who really has something to cry about they could be decades out.

I like your thinking junior, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Stay thirsty my friends

Jonathan Gruber's brother is try to sell the people of Wyoming a free lunch i.e., a extra Moose/Sheep tag in there lifetime. Well lets look a the facts. There are 20,000 resident Moose/Sheep applicants. The population of Wyoming is 582,000 that equates to 3.4% of the total population of Wyoming applying for these tags. Reducing the non res quote will result in 71 less big dollar tourists (assuming they hunt solo) coming to Wyoming. Not to mention the $200,000 in license fees generated. So to make up the difference we will have a big dollar license auction of a few tags. AUCTION TAG HOLDERS KILL BIG TROPHIES! In addition, if you even think about taking thin dime of money from the general fund that could go to teachers, police, roads etc to fund this coup you should be run out of the state. Just let all the facts be know the non hunting Wyoming majority and if they approve great.

They had to put bill HB260 through several times to increase license fees.

Plus not sure how to fund G&F after 2016. Can't see them jumping right on this.

Would be like buying a new car knowing you couldn't make the payment next year.

Risky!...YEA, but who knows, Obama is getting away with it.

Lookout for another piecemeal deal.

While I'm sure legal action is a waste, how many NR hunters would be interseted in joining with the outfitters organization to put names and words behind the case for economic impact to the state? let the NR hunters writing the checks be heard when it's time to figure the budget.

We need someone in WY with skin in the game to represent us. sure we may just be dollar signs to the outfitters, so what, dollar signs are the only chance in hell these cuts aren't adopted.

If you have a better way to let the state know the loss to their piggy bank will be larger than what the people who are working their sales pitch estimate I'd like to hear it.

Stay thirsty my friends

All resident hunters? how many would rather have our money? problem is they aren't the ones making noise. that's always how these deal go.

What were the results of the economic impact study that had to be done? or is it done?

Stay thirsty my friends

My local legislators know nothing of it. And are worried if it causes an impact to the G&F budget. So, this may not be the slam dunk that some think.

Now that the NR PP system has been in affect for about 10 years, and thousands of NR are locked in financially, it's a good time for the residents to start talking tough?

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I have 14 points and I don't think it makes sense for me to drop $100 per year for a 90/10 split. 16 definitely stay in, 15 perhaps depending on your age, 14 and under I don't think it makes much sense. Just invest that money and buy a dall sheep hunt someday. Anyone think differently, how long until someone with 14 points draws?

Could see this coming long ago. Just confirms my decision to dump 8 sheep points and burn my moose points. The sheep points were an especially good decision. Throwing away $100/year for zero % draw odds in my lifetime.

Gradually doing the same in other states, with 20 years of points. Hope to stay one step ahead of the "bend over" bait-n-switch nonresident point sales schemes most states play these days.

There are a few old fashioned states that honor their deals and have not raped point purchasers........Iowa, New Hampshire & Arizona. That's it.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

teepee, there will definetly be an economic impact unless the resident hunters want to pick up the slack. those in favor just hope to get it passed with smoke and mirrors and let you figure that out later.

Last year I found on the WY legistalive site where this bill had been introduced and an impact study had to be completed. now all I can find is it has been introduced. in the political world that means diddly.

If anyone finds the status of that study please post it.

Stay thirsty my friends

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom