About time

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
A month+ of no rain or snow. Then 50-60 mile an hour winds for over 24 hours. (semi blew over on 395 less than 2 miles from my house)

Finally it's raining. Forecast to snow tonight and tomorrow. 2-3 feet tonight above 6000 feet and 3-6 inches on the valley floor. Another 8-14 inches tomorrow above 6,000 feet and another 3 ' here. Hope we do a little make up.

Slayer, It was raining all night and day over here in Chester. The snow eventually started about 2-3 pm, been going at it ever since, knocked out our power for a couple hours, and it's supposed to get really heavy tomorrow.

At least now we have 3/4's of the Winter whipped! Let it frigging snow!!

I can't believe i said that! :)

Joey

Hi guys, hope the weather doesn't get too bad there. Would it be rubbing it in to say it's been mid 80's over here.

Couple inches on the ground here so far.. Supposed get with it tomorrow... 2 days ago it was 70 and sunny...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

December was a record month with 19 ft. of snow. January was a record dry month with no new snow. Right now we have blizzard white-out conditions. We can expect at least 2 ft. from this 4 day storm.
Time to get the snowmobiles ready again.

"December was a record month with 19 ft. of snow"

Where are you at Yort? Dang!

Larrbo, catch me one of them humuhumunukunukuapuas :) Have fun yet be safe please!!

We escaped the main storm again. Should have had a couple feet by now but the main part of the storm swept by just south of us so we only got 6-8".

The worst part, the power has been off for over 26 hours. My cabin is all electric so pretty boring around here when i'm used to all the media of TV and puter. I did have a couple hour service call today so i made a buck and i put a big dent in a good book by flashlight but glad to have the power back on.

Joey

Good Friend and serious hunter Brennan works and lives in Susanville. His wife and him are expecting their first lil buck hunter any minute. They're planning to have the kid delivered in Reno. The road, 395, between Susanville and Reno, i'm told, is a mess.

I'm worried for their safe passage when the moment of the needed travel arrives. Scary stuff!!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-11 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]I'm here at Mammoth Mountain ski resort. Better known on this site as X9-A. We had some great story lines as the ski area with the most snow in the world, as far as skiing goes.

Thanks Yort!

We been getting hammered pretty good but again, not as bad as it could be. So far, this storm has dumped about 3' but i'm only seeing 18" or so that's packed and stuck. The worst part is the loss of power in the area. We just got thru another 24 hours or so without power. My Cabin was down to 38 degrees and dropping before we again got power on this evening.

I hear Susanville has gotten more snow than we have over here on Almanor?

Joey

Weird storm. Friend at work came in Wednesday and said he got 3 feet in Westwood overnight. No rain, all snow.

I got 8-10 inches from the first one and another 8-10 yesterday and last night.

Went to town (Susanville) today and they seemed to have half of what we got.

Another foot and a half to 2 feet of snow last couple days! We didn't get much early on but there is bookoo snow and water content out there now.

Joey

The snow pack on the Kern Platteau is in excess of 500% right now.

There will be a LOT of fawn production on the Eastern side of the Sierra this year.

The inability of spring/summer migration into the parks will keep more deer in the Eastern Sierra X zones.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

They claim we was to get up to a foot of snow, Nothing but rain so far was hoping to wakeup to a bunch of snow and head out to shoot some dogs, now I have to work instead. This weather sucks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Got about another foot yesterday, along with the power going out for 10hrs.Clear and cold this morning,froze tight.How much snow do you have on the ground Joey? figured you'd get wacked pretty hard.Bout ready for spring.

.How much snow do you have on the ground Joey?

Considering that you could see the grass a couple weeks ago, pretty much! I can't see the cattle fences on the flats any more so at least 4' or so after settling.

Spring? Yes Please!!! :)

Joey

toughen up Cupcake. LOL
Just water and mud here.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom