Advice on CO sheep units

Avsman

In search of the next world record

Been putting in for S59 because I live right next to it and know the country like the back of my hand. But they only take one Ram a year and I was woundering what the expected points for drawing or years it takes to draw this tag, I have been putting in since 97 and Im not sure if I want to wait much longer for it but I dont want to just waist the points on a less productive unit. Any advice would be helpful on comparable units that might have a higher number of tags would be great.

I enjoy S-32 but they really cut the tags for this year. S-9 has boo-coo tags and the odds aren't really that bad. Where you have the max. 3 pts and 3 wieghted points ya might just draw this year if ya do your homework. S-12 has a fair amount of tags too.

Last year there were 21 people with max points that applied for the 2 tags, this year there is only 1 res. tag. Your odds of drawing will probably be worse this year.

If you want to increase your draw odd chance you may want to consider an archery unit? There are some archery units with outrageous rams available!

Every bow hunt I noticed had far worse odds for NR (with bow), to the point it was better to try for a rifle tag then use bow. FYI

I think my chances are better in S 59 because I know the country and I dont have the resources to learn a new area farther away, I am puttin in for the archery 44 tag but second choice I think it really sucks that they cut the Res. licence back to 1
Thanks for the advice.
In search of the next world record

I got good info for ya on S-44 if ya draw it, a harvest type info.........touch base with me if ya draw it.

What you guys finally appling for?? Tough choice isn't it! but fun going back and forth on tag # vs appl.'s and so forth. You res. types ever consider that RFW Ram tag??

I applied for S-9. Lots of sheep that would look nice with my tag on em. Rugged, remote country that will keep the not so serious hunters out of there. I talked to the ranch manager down at the Purgatoire RFW, sounded pretty good but only 1 tag available. I will be hunting turkey there this year so I can get an idea what the quality is like.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom