Annual Rain Tracker Thread

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
I figured it wasn't to early to start tracking how different regions are doing with rainfall. I was fortunate enough to draw another Gila tag and last year I really enjoyed following how moist it was out there. It got me excited about the potential for a great year for antlers. Out here in Clovis, it's drier right now than it was this time last year. Please chime in on where you live!

I have received over an inch of precip. in April,so far.
Flurries again today. Haven't gotten spring moisture in 5 yrs. Still some snow on the peaks & in shadows.
If we get a decent monsoon it will be great.
My Gramma is trying,but needs more warmth. Cool grasses doing good.
Happy critters!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-16 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]I'm just north of Quemado/Pie Town area. I look at Alleges,Escondido& Mangas Mtns.
Frisco Divide & Sliver Creek Divide still have an inch of snow reporting. Cool.
I'm a CoCoRaHs reporting station. NM-CT-15

Getting a lot of rain here in Clovis over the last 12 hrs. I'll post totals from my rain gauge when it all stops.

I hope we get some more. The huge fire in 17 is winding down but it looks like the next 2 weeks are going to be scorchers...

Ended up with 3.5" of rain in less than 24 hrs here in Clovis at my house. Not bad for those of you with tags in 31, 32, and 40!

How'd the Gila fair after this system moved through? It seemed relatively dry when I was there early last week.

The tracker i follow shows my spot getting 9-12" i the last 30 days..... i know my tank and wallow will have water!

I check the radar two or three times daily and it looks like the north-northwest portion of the Gila has been getting slammed. Whether or not the radar is actually producing accurate information, that's another story.

It was very cool @4:30 this morn. I actually put on the windbreaker in Quemado waiting to get oil change & lube on the hunt truck.Dark skies early today & hoping for rain.

Tilt/dump gauge on Silver Divide might be out of whack as it showed 9" today. Could be snow tho....get ready for an early winter.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom