another ??-would you feel comf. with a 44mag in bear country?

ELKLOVER

Just curious as to how many guys would feel comfortable with a 44mag in bear country? I know a shotgun would be better, but who wants to pack that? Basically who feels a 44 is enough?

I would feel comfortable with a 44 mag in bear country.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

I would feel comfortable with a 44mag in any country LOL
Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

A 44 mag with proper loads will do the job. The biggest factor will be the guy behind the trigger being cool enought to place the shot where it needs to hit for stopping a enraged bear that is bearing down on him for dinner.

RELH

Here in Montana, I have settled on the .41 Mag. I think in the Taurus Titanium I can shoot it accurately enough to be effective with a stout bullet. But, as some say, save the last round for yourself. Seriously, I think the .41 is o.k. in the lower 48. In Alaska or Canada, something more potent than even the .44 might be a good idea for their bigger bears. But, I did read an article in a magazine I don't recall the name of, but the guy that wrote it regularly was in big bear country in Alaska, and he carried a .357. mtmuley

You will be more comfortable if the front sight is filed off before pointing it at a mature Alaskan Brownie.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom