Antelope/Mule deer/Elk combo?

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
A buddy of mine (known formerly as PotatoWhisperer) and I are planning a fall, 2009 Antelope, Mule Deer, and possibly Cow elk tag combo. Is this possible? We are not looking for trophy quality at all, but a good time with decent animals. 70" antelope, 140+" mule deer, and plenty of cows. Where is this possible? We don't mind paying a trepass fee, but we dont want to cash in our savings accounts, ya dig? We also would not have a problem with public land, but dont want to fight the "orange wave" of other hunters.

Any help would be greatly appreiciated, and I would gladly provide arizona information.

Thanks!

Casey
[email protected]

Casey,

Not sure of your schedule, but I'd recommend that you consider splitting your time. I'd go for the deer/antelope in one spot and move for the elk. It's doable to hunt all three in a single location, but tough to find a decent quality hunt for both deer and antelope on public, then an elk in the same country.

Here in SE Wyoming, I'd go for the private ranches around Douglas or Lusk for the deer and antelope. Then I'd go up on Laramie Peak for the elk. You can shoot two cows there if you want.

You'd need to contact the Douglas or Lusk Chambers of Commerce and then perhaps some G&F folks to tie down a good 09 reservation for the deer/antelope. There should be abundant licenses for all three in the above areas, which is always a consideration.

I'm sure you could do the same in other sreas, but this is what I am familiar with.

Good hunting.

there are areas that you may be able to do this but you would probaly need to have some points earnd to get all the tags.

You don't need any points to draw region B, Region J or region T for deer or antelope areas near and around Douglas or Lusk. That's why I mentined those areas. And there are also cow elk licenses leftover for area 7.

You can even do this now if you do not have licenses in Wyoming. There are left over licenses in many of those areas and you can put in for the leftover drawing. The issue will be finding a decent place to hunt, but it could be doable.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom