Antelope Units

idelkslayer

Earlier I posted an introduction to you Wyoming folk about my intentions of travelling from Idaho to hunt in your fine state this fall for pronghorns.

I have since narrowed down the field of possibilities to 3 units.
The units I am considering are 16, 22, 23. I would also consider unit 17 but it appears to only allow doe harvest on private land.

My criteria are as follows:

1. Must be able to draw with 0 points
2. Must have a decent amount of public land
3. Building points is not important to me.
4. Earliest possible dates to hunt with a rifle.
5. I would like to buy a doe tag for the same area.

I would appreciate any information from those who have hunted in these units. Or if you have suggestions for a different area I would be grateful to your opinions.

1---All can be drawn as leftovers without applying in the draw
2---None have a decent amount of public land and that's why there are a ton of leftover licenses
4---None of them have the real early dates to hunt with rifle like some others do
5---Doe tags are available in all 4 units and you are correct in that 17 requires that they be taken on private land.

You can maybe find a buck on public in unit 22 buts its tough access, unit 23 maybe slightly better but also tough with the amount of land you can hunt. You should also look at 25, its maybe the same as the others but can be a good hunt if you can walk a bit, some nice bucks there - but its work to get at them.

I hunted 23 last year on a leftover tag. The public lands on the western side does not hold a lot of antelope so plan on hunting early in the season before they get pounded. I can send you more information if you want. IMO you will not find a quality hunt in this area if you limit yourself to the public lands.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom