Any opening day luck ?

B

broncos21

Went to Anderson ranch/ falls creek area seen lots and lots of hunters hope they had better luck than i did seen 8 does no bucks and 4 elk cows and a bull they where answering calls how did everyone do

i had to work today so headed up to danskin after for a quick hunt. do to not having my truck didnt go as far as i wanted did see a few coming out in trucks.

Passed on a 3 point at about 8:00 and shot a 3x4 at 8:40. Lots of does. I watched this buck move about 400 yards until he got to the top of the hill 184 yards from me when I shot him. He dropped 10 yards or so from the 4 wheeler trail, it was sweet. First time Ive ever done that on purpose. He is no monster by any stretch of the imagination but my goal was a 4 point on at least one side and he just made it.

congrats bigcreek on taking what sounds to be at least a 3 yr old deer? its better than shooting a forked horn. i am hoping to take a four point or better on the last weekend, i know its going to be a tough hunt though.

C:\Users\josh\Pictures\2011-10-10

Here he is in all his glory. He has to be pushing 200". I mean those deep forks are really something. I wanted to hunt longer and find a bigger buck but my wife is pregnant and feels like crud and could use some help around the homestead. Im sure some of you know what Im talking about.

3233deer_014.jpg

Herd of 8 bucks came right to me, and at 7:40 am, I shot the wrong buck! Oh well, there's always next year. I used my trusty .270 and made a 120 yard heart shot that busted through both front shoulders!

4636ivan_idaho_deer_2.jpg

My daughter got her buck on Oct 6th in unit 57 and My son and I got ours on Oct 10th in unit 59, not great pics but
5293dscn1134.jpg

2881dscn1138.jpg

Now it is time to get off the computer and start butchering
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Bigcreek: congrats on buck and little one on the way. Good job on being good husband to! When it comes to it meats meat and you met your goal!

Uga: wrong buck? Must have been a monster in the herd? Looks like nice buck ya got. Congrats!

7Mm: congrats all!!! All nice bucks!! Looks like good memories.

Inlaws are up pine/anderson area will post when I here how there doin. I'm glad I tagged opener of archery cause I'm currently driving TN, ms, la, and TX today :( wish I was huntin

Hunter67
We saw about 30 does and she shot the bigger of the 2 bucks we saw, the deer seem to be in different places then they were before the fire a couple of years ago. Good luck bhttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Ok talked to them, they said deer and bucks everywhere! Climb as high as you can in the steepest stuff you can find, thus is a given but sounds like more deer than usual. Each missed big maturw nice bucks including one monster 5x5 so the story goes. Another guy from there hunting campshot a pretty nice four point from what I hear. All are off the mountain now with hopes to return soon. Good luck!!!

Was this more near the pine area was near the falls creak area up high more elk than deer up there

I was up Rocky Bar above featherville and hiked in the snow in steep nasty country,didn't even see a doe.I only heard two shots close together. Went through Pine and didn't see any deer hanging in camps.Talked to a lot of people and they are all saying the same thing. Hmmmm.

Sorry took so long, they said no elk just ton of deer. Pennel creek and ?spring? Mountain. Its been forever since I've been up there but pretty sure right out of featherville. Few went back up the late by pine only a couple does and fawns said they bet if they had brought the spotting scope they probably would have seen some bucks on the rimrock

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom