ARE THE ELK SINGING YET ???

YukonDall

Long Time Member
FOR YOU FELLAS THAT HAVE BEEN OUT SCOUTING, JUST WONDERING IF THE BULLS ARE REAL VOCAL OR JUST LUKE WARM ON THE BUGLING. ANY ONE GOT A REPORT??????? DEPARTURE TIME IS GETTING CLOSE, THANKS................YD.

Surprisingly, no. I heard one bugle in 23 Friday morning and none in the evening or Saturday morning.

No bugling in 9 while deer hunting this weekend. The unit is a lot drier than the rest of Northern Arizona. They should be starting up by Labor day weekend.

Scouting 7E Monday and Tuesday. No bugles. Saw a couple bulls that haven't rubbed yet but most have. Looked like 9 was getting hammered with rain yesterday.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-13 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]I heard a few young ones getting their pipes warmed up last weekend in 1.

[/im
g][/URL]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-13 AT 02:14PM (MST)[p]In 4A two weeks ago I heard one early morning bugle, but last weekend, nothing!

Any updates for unit 9 for the last couple of days?????

YD are you packed and ready/Checked and rechecked????

Looks like we are gonna need rain gear if it keeps this up!

>Any updates for unit 9 for
>the last couple of days?????
>
>
>YD are you packed and ready/Checked
>and rechecked????
>
>Looks like we are gonna need
>rain gear if it keeps
>this up!

ALSO,,,I've got a 6 pack of Mt.dew or Bud light lime for everyone that tells me where they see a 400" bull at.

I HEAR THEY GOT PRETTY VOCAL THE LAST 3-4 DAYS AND UNIT 9 LOOKS TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE AFTER ALL THE RAIN. HOPE WE GET VERY LITTLE RAIN DURING THE HUNT.

I AM ABOUT HALF PACKED.......CHECKING AND CROSSING THINGS OFF THE LIST. I SHOT VERY WELL LAST NIGHT, AND I LOVE THE NOCTURNAL NOCKS FOR VISIBILITY. BEEN PLAYING A LOT WITH THE RANGE FINDER, AND GETTING MY CARDIO IN AS WELL. MIGHT BUMP INTO YOU OVER THERE, SHOOT STRAIGHT..........................YD.

Was in Unit 18A all day today, checking trail cameras ans glassing. Never heard one bull, though got a number of them on cameras. They are almost all hard antlered now.

Our guy from Arkansas comes in next Thursday.. Water everywhere, hope it dries up a little.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

a buddy who lives in Payson said he was hearing them on the border of 23 and 22 this last week end right at dark.
They had glass one up that was bugling pretty good and often, But they was so far away they couldn't hear him just see him.

Good Luck

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

DON.......YOU WONT NEED SKEETER PROTECTION IN 27 DUE TO THE FIRE & SMOKE. IF THEY EVEN REOPEN THE UNIT..............YD.

Singing well in the parts of unit 27 I was in earlier this week.
5 DAYS!!!!! WOHOO!
Jeff

Thanks for the update Jeff,,,,,4 days and counting YEEEEE-HAAAAAA

YD,,,I've taken My hiking boots and any cooler weather gear out of my bag and replaced them with shorts and hip waders. Shoot straight gang.

BH

just returned from 3 days of Scouting in 5B for elk ... Plenty of Bugling,"ALL NIGHT" with light rain and NO bugling when stars out ??? Water everywhere,could be a tough archery season,Good Luck to "ALL" Bruce & SilverGrand

FLAGSTAFF WEATHER REPORT SAYS THE FIRST 2 DAYS MIGHT BE A LITTLE WET, BUT THE 15-20TH SHOWS ALL SUNSHINE. THIS MIGHT GET GOOD WEATHER WISE.........................YD.

I have a buddy that has been hunting at Bellmont west of Flag for the last couple of weeks. He is on Camp Navajo. He told me that there are rivers where rivers aren't supposed to be. Said it was like a swamp. Also said the big bulls are moving around now and he is seeing bulls with cows every day.

The week following the opener should be great elk hunting weather for hunters. I am not sure if the elk really care if it is wet or dry but I do!

Just got back from 5 days in the northern part of unit 6a, heard one bull the entire time.

Had a friend who just finished an Antelope hunt in Unit 9. Was there 5 days before the hunt, so in the unit for 7 days. Not much calling but saw some monster bulls. Should be a year they take some Toads!

In 18A still haven't heard a bull bugle; course it is so wet out there now I told my guy from Arkansas to bring a fishing pole; that he may have a better chance to catch a catfish than to arrow a bull!

These photos from yesterday on the way home!

858018a_3_flash_flood_9-9-2013.jpg

183718a_flash_flood_2_9-9-2013.jpg

NOTICE THE CATTLE STANDING IN THE WATER!

526218a_flash_flood_9-9-2013.jpg

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Thanks for all of the reports guys, keep em coming!

T-2.5 days and counting, judging from Don's photos I'm trading my hip waders in for a wet suit and a jet ski.

BH

HAD A BALL !!!! LOVE THAT BOW !!! DOUBLE LUNGED A NICE 6X6 AT 40 YARDS.....HE PILED UP 60 YARDS AWAY. HUNT WAS TOO SHORT, THAT WAS MY FAULT.......STILL BEATING MYSELF UP WEEKLY.......YD.

Heres hoping you are mounting that nice bull and when you get it back from the taxi you will not beat youself up so much. I had a Strip tag and for the first time in my life I had the opportunity to hunt an entire season. I shot the first shooter I saw on the second day. Too short of hunt but I sure do like my buck "Massey" on the wall.

YES.. & CONGRATS........I KNOW THE FEELING!!!! BUT SOMETIMES I JUST WONDER WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

THEN I SEE MY FRIEND/ GUIDE STEVE CHAPPEL KILLS A 417 BULL ON THE SAME HUNT........STEVE IS A AWESOME ELK GUIDE FOR SURE.

TAKE ER EASY.................YD.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom