Area 30 Elk

Triple_BB

Very Active Member
Will be heading out in about a week for 8 - 10 days if need be for elk near Salmon. Just wondering if anyone has heard how the hunting is going. Are they getting some elk moving in from Montana. Appreciate any info...

Was there yesterday and saw one 6 pt come out. The elk are scattered and high. No snow to speak of and you can drive everywhere. The next storm will be great hunting.

Ill be up there the 17th-23rd. Just talked to a buddy that lives up there and he said about the same. Not much snow and the elk are scattered. He said he was talking to a few hunters that had told him the bigger bulls are still in Montana. Pray for some snow. Good Luck!!!

This is a challenging hunt. I've counted over three hundred elk the last three days. The biggest bulls I've seen are rag horns. Would've expected to see some better bulls with that many elk. Still five days to go...

Saw a really big 6x6 come out of Kirtley Creek down by town last weekend, but they are super high up on the hill. The large herds of cows, calves, and raghorns are in the usual places between Warm Springs Wood Road and Agency Creek. Driving the top road might be an option because they are going back and forth across the line. A new good storm should put them in the basin up Cow Creek off of Ramsey.

You'll have to hunt hard or get lucky if we don't get more snow. Good luck.

The unit is wonderful if you want to see a hundred different bulls in a day, but trying to find one much above 300 could be a challenge. It seems that the older age class bulls just do not exist.Even shed hunting no one really finds monster sheds. I wish it could be what it used to be. Anyhow its neat to see lots of elk!

Triple, have you seen any wolves following the elk? Still have my wolf tag,and the rifle to reach out and touch them!Thanks..

I didn't see any wolves. Cut a single set of tracks a few days ago NE of the Sharkey Hot Springs. Spoke with some other hunters who were asking similar questions. No one had seen any. One guy said they cut a lone set of tracks off the Cow Ck Loop Rd.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom