arizona 18b

Bowhunter05

hey guys I am new to the forum and had some questions for people who have hunted 18b. please don't beat me up to bad I'm sure this stuff is asked a lot. i have been researching on a lot of forums but most everyone with info pm's the person asking for info. I have done a lot of e scouting on my hunt maps but that only gets you so far. I plan on hunting the non permit archery season and with my Utah elk hunt around this same time this unit is close to home (vegas) and gets me out of the house to hunt as much as possible during the season. I was wondering some good places to camp and maybe a starting point to start scouting. i would like to stay in the blm land near bagdad so i don't have to worry about private land. some areas i have marked on my maps to camp are near 97 road and i see there is some accessible roads that take you throughout the aquarious mountains. any info would be awesome so when i make a trip to scout in july and august ill have some good starting spots and possible camp sites. thanks in advance..

No one? Anything helps.. I have been hunting Nevada all my life so if anyone needs info for units in the silver state I'm down to help out.

If you scout in July & August bring a ton of water as it is hotter than hell!! Scouting will be tough that time of year concentrate on water sources.

I have hunted somewhat near there in the non permit archery hunts in Dec and Jan, they are out there I just do a lot of glassing and I can usually find a few nice ones to chase! I agree you may just be able to scout the roads and overall location this summer, but probably not see much. Go back in Dec, it will be enjoyable!

I really planned on doing the early hunt as well. If i am not successful with that hunt I'll be going back in December for sure. Do you know the rules on the wilderness portion of 18b? Are you aloud to hunt in there? And what about driving through it. I'm guessing as long as there is an established road I can drive my truck through there I just can't get off the road and I can't use side by side or quads like here in Nevada.

Pm

hey guys I am new to
>the forum and had some
>questions for people who have
>hunted 18b. please don't beat
>me up to bad I'm
>sure this stuff is asked
>a lot. i have been
>researching on a lot of
>forums but most everyone with
>info pm's the person asking
>for info. I have done
>a lot of e scouting
>on my hunt maps but
>that only gets you so
>far. I plan on hunting
>the non permit archery season
>and with my Utah elk
>hunt around this same time
>this unit is close to
>home (vegas) and gets me
>out of the house to
>hunt as much as possible
>during the season. I was
>wondering some good places to
>camp and maybe a starting
>point to start scouting. i
>would like to stay in
>the blm land near bagdad
>so i don't have to
>worry about private land. some
>areas i have marked on
>my maps to camp are
>near 97 road and i
>see there is some accessible
>roads that take you throughout
>the aquarious mountains. any info
>would be awesome so when
>i make a trip to
>scout in july and august
>ill have some good starting
>spots and possible camp sites.
>thanks in advance..

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom