Arizona Commissioners Elk Tag

rthrbhntng

March 20, 2010 the Arizona Elk Society will be holding their 9th Annual Banquet. This year the AES will be auctioning three of the Arizona Commissioners Special Big Game Tags. We will auction the Commissioners Elk Tag, Commissioners Buffalo Tag and the Commissioners Antelope Tag. All the money raised is used for Wildlife Habitat and management projects to benefit the species that tag was for. The season is 365 days, Aug 15th 2010 to Aug 14th 2011. For more info on the open units visit the AZGFD web site. There is a list of many of the projects that the funds are used for on the AZGFD web site.
Arizona is a little different from other states in that all the money raised from the auctioning of the tags goes to the Arizona Game and Fish Department. There is no percentage taken by the organization. All the marketing and promotion costs are taken care of by the Arizona Elk Society.
Please visit our web site at www.arizonaelksociety.org for more information and contacts. Phone bidders are encouraged to call ahead. If you are interested in coming to the banquet tickets are available online on the AES web site.
Steve

Hey guys this is an awesome banquet and all the proceeds go to a great cause! I know alot of you out there area big elk hunters whether or not you have tag. I will be there again and I hope to see many of you all there.

The banquet is less than 2 weeks away! Tickets are still available also so visit the website www.arizonaelksociety.org for info on tickets and to see many of the items we have in the live auction and silent auction.

I will be there again. It really is a alot of fun and there are some great items available.

I'm a member of this organization and I will be there with a bunch of friends, we bought a table. I hope to win a black powder rifle if they have one.

Try working one of their projects this summer as well, it's an awesome experience. I helped out on the 26 Bar project last summer and it was alot of hard work but the sense of accomplishment is pricless. Not to mention that we were camped at Rudd Knoll near Cresent Lake in unit 1 for a few days. That is paradise. The AES feeds you like a king also.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

I too am a member but unfortunately I can't make the banquet. I am going to try and get involved with some of the projects this summer though. To all that go have a great time!

I'll be there again this year.
Hope to see some members there.

It should be a fun night.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

I saw on another site that it went for $100 K. Less than some years but not bad for this economy. Ought to be a great year for antler growth!

Maddglasser;

Who you trying to kid.

You scott brothers could find a fa-t in a wind storm.

Glad to see your doing well.

Steve Cheuvront

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-10 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]WOW what a night at the AES banquet! I'll tell ya, I've been to alot of conservation groups' banquets in my life and the AES banquet is by far the "cream of the crop". I have never seen more stuff raffled off in my life. Everybody at my table won something whether it was a raffle item or an auction item. There was six of us, one guy won the bid on the chocolate lab puppy and he gave it to his girlfriend. It was so funny because that was all see could talk about before it got on the auction block. When it came up he made a couple of obvious bids then he fell silent and was giving real subtle signals evrytime he bid. The auctioneer hollered sold and she was so disappointed the he didn't win it for her that she was almost in tears. Then before the guy came over with the ticket to sign the little boy carrying the pup came up behind her and presented her with the pup. Our whole table was in shock. I think he gave $2,200 for her, she's named Sunshine. One of my other buddies bought the New Mexico land owner bull elk hunt during the middle of October and he also bought the Australian red deer hunt and he won a Rossi gun and he bought two real nice AES duffle bags and a pair of Kennitrek boots in the silent auction. My other buddie won the freezer full of food in a raffle. Little ol' me won a lattern. My pockets aren't quite as deep as some of my friends' are. But I think that I still won the greatest prize of all and that is my ability and desire to work with such a great organization on their projects and recruite new members. Out of all six of us at my table, only two were members yesterday. Today all six of us are AES members. Now all I gotta do is get a couple of them out on a project this summer. I want to thank all of you who attended last evening's AES banquet on behalf of the AES. With out your dollars we wouldn't be able to do what we do on these projects. I CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE WE MAKE.

I do believe that the Gov's elk tag did go for $100k, the antelope tag went for $32k & think the the buffalo tag went for about $11k.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

Bates7, your buddy that bought the New Mexico hunt and the other one got some good deals. I was sitting at the CWT table. It was a great night. How about the guy that won 4 rifles in the raffle. And it may have been 5, his wife went up and signed for one of them.

The banquet was a huge success! I want to thank everybody for coming out and donating to the AES. The elk tag did go for $100,000, the antelope tag went for $32,000 and the buffalo tag sold for $14,000.

For all that were there I was the spotter for the live auction that wore the javelina hat around.

That was my 6th Banquet. Bates can I sit with you next year ? We never win anything. Lol.

It was a fun night and I was glad the Torque Converter I donated sold in the Auction. I was afraid that I would have to buy it back myself.

Sure TAG you're welcome to join us.

-Ted Nugent-

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom