Arizona elk sheds???

azsagebrush

Has anyone or know of anyone that has picked up a fresh brown elk shed in Arizona yet? I know it won't be long, I guess that I'm just getting a little cabin fever. We have been watching several bulls and picked up several whites the last 2 weeks.

Monty I've heard of 3 brownies so far and 2 of them were in your neck of the woods.

Josh

I will be in that neck of the woods tomorrow to se if I can get lucky on a couple of early ones.... I just can't wait any longer!!!!

Geoff

Thanks josh for the update, i did hear of 1 picked up in unit 10. i was all ready to go today w/ my son but had oversee the airplane operation at the G.C., my son left at 5:30 this am to the U.Basin,I will give you a report this evening.
I do have the next 3 days off so I can mix in with the crowds. I seen 2 different trucks w/atvs this morning in Tusayan,I guess the words out.

Between you and Geoff there aren't going to be any horns left up there this year. So Chris and I decided you should give us half of all your horns you find. Just kidding good luck and keep us posted.

Fife

I'll be sure to leave you some, it's my boy that you need to worry about not leaving many. Fife are you comming up with Chris, if so where will you be?
Let me know.

Fife,

You and Chris and Lyman will pick up plenty of horn I'm pretty sure of that so I think Im keeping all of mine!!! Good to see you on this site.

Geoff

Hey azsagebrush,

Was that you that I talked to on Sat. up on top??? I was in the old tan F-250 and talked with a guy on a quad, was just wondering if it was you as there wasn't anybody else up in that part of the unit that I saw. If that was you did you do any good? I went to another unit on sunday and found some older stuff, elk/muley. Man it's a DRY MOFO out there!!!!

Geoff

Geoff,

Yes, that was me on saturday. We didn't pick up any fresh ones just a few whites. I spent most for my time looking for tracks and glassing. I did go out for the morning on sunday and only picked up 1 hard white. My son went out sunday afternoon and messed aroud filming the turkeys, what program are they on? He counted 62 birds, when he would give his bike throttle they would all gobble, when he left they all started chacing him.

Yeah I don't know what those birds were thinking, they were gobbling like crazy on Sat. morning????? Things should get good up there in a week or so!!!!!

Geoff

There are about the same amount of birds out at cabin doing the same exact thing. are you coming back this weekend? I did see a nice 24" 4x4 deer with 6 inch matching drop tines on sunday, i think that deer will take a lot of our time looking for it's sheds.

I have to miss out this weekend due to my wifes B-DAY but will be up there this friday and then the next 4 weekends and maybe a few weekdays in between!!! Good luck finding the muley sheds that would be awesome!!!!

Geoff

I went out saturday and found an old one but no freshes.Seen alot of bulls with one group of 7 that were all over 300in and a couple over 350in but were all still packen.ill be back out next weekend.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom