Awesome elk ATL's

elkcrazedfrk

Went on a long brutal,but very rewarding hike yesterday. First two are a matched 7x7 about a 1/4 mile apart. First time ever finding one with points sticking in ground.
March212012021.jpg

March212012022.jpg

Later glassed this out. Quite surprised to find another sticking in the ground. Really good six. If you look straight above the antler you can see what appears to be the match 20 yards away. Nope, smaller six.Couldnt find a match to either.
March212012025.jpg

Then walked up on this pair. I for the life of me cant figure out how they fell like this? Maybe head shake? idk, but one of the coolest ATL's I've ever seen.
March212012028.jpg

Here is my load. packed out app. 5 miles..Ugh. I'm a tad sore today but well worth it.
March212012030.jpg

Elk are dropping a little early this year in northern Wyoming. Still lots of bulls packing. Was able to bed them down and sneak in without bothering a thing. Cant wait to heal up so I can go for more.

Those are some sweet sheds! I am a little confused though, I thought there was a shed season in Wyoming that started in May.......

>Those are some sweet sheds! I
>am a little confused though,
>I thought there was a
>shed season in Wyoming that
>started in May.......

no shed season if your on west side of the divide

>>Those are some sweet sheds! I
>>am a little confused though,
>>I thought there was a
>>shed season in Wyoming that
>>started in May.......
>
>
>no shed season if your on
>west side of the divide
>

You mean East of the divide.

Excuse me Toughshed????? There is no deception from anyone on this thread that I can see. I think just a simple type-O. There is no shed season east of the divide. At least not yet. As mentioned above, when they do adopt a season it will only keep the honest folks from goin.

Well it is stopping some because their coming down to Northern Utah and such which doesnt bug me too much. It does seem a lot of Wyoming guys get pretty pissed when we go up there though. To the point of destroying vehicles. I know a guy whose tuck was destroyed by some vandals up there while he was shed hunting. Maybe there were just some tree huggers that hate Utahns there on that particular day but I'm betting he was just in someones honey hole and they got pissed.

All I know is I am going to the east side...err the west side...or somewhere where I can find stuff like that. Better yet, I am going to the eastern plains of Colorado...I bet there are some bigguns out there...;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom