Az game and fish results !

Bugler

Are not up as of 1455 hours today.
Sorry I was bored. I don't know why the fuss heck game and fish cashed my checks like forever ago.

They cash'em and deposit them to draw the interest.

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_13010.jpg[/img][/url]

I believe if you do some research you'll find they are prohibited from earning interest on your money for the draw by state statute. By doing this they are protecting you and not tying your funds up to delay process to earn float (interest). If something changed in this regard feel free to correct me. I'm in same boat as you they cashed my check too.

>>I believe if you do some research you'll find they are prohibited from earning interest on your money for the draw by state statute.<<

I don't think this is the case with the CHECKS that are sent in. BUT..state statute does prohibit them from charging CCs until the permit is actually drawn.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-12 AT 09:39AM (MST)[p]
i really think if AZG&F is trully recognised as a leader and an example to other states on how a wildlife department is operated . the online draw process is one area that they have failed misserably and instead of leading they are laggin far behind!!

fix it or forget it

PAPER ALL THE WAY never any problems

I think we all have to agree that credit card fraud is a huge issue. I think the way the department is trying to handle it is fair in that some poor guy that bought gas and then finds out his card balance is $2500.00 higher has to cancel that card. Well is it fair that he lose his tag?

Things are different today and eventually they'll find a way to get things done a little quicker. We can't look past the money the department receives for application fees and the paper method cost them $$. Tag numbers are decreasing so the department has to find a way to be able to keep tag fees reasonable and still generate the funding they need. I preferred the paper method too, but I like the advantages of reasonable tag prices even more.

>>Things are different today and eventually they'll find a way to get things done a little quicker.<<

Ain't that thr truth!!!

I fondly recall the ol' days when paper apps were the norm and NO ONE knew whether they were drawn or not until near the deadline to mail out the permits. There was no call in to check results. Instead, we received a tag or a little pink rejection card in the mail. Most times, they were mailed at about the same time.

It's humorous to see how spoiled some folks got and seem to act like 5 yr. olds who can't wait until morning to open the Christmas presents. :)

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Tony,

First, congratulations! Second... I bet it would be nearly impossible to get you upset about anything now. Just as matter of knowing which sheep unit.

And I'll be totally happy with the system when thay tell me I get my desert sheep and/or 13B deer tag(s). :)

32 days until the first hunt begins, and 955 people don't know they will be hunting in 4 short weeks! LOL

That just ain't right! :)

You know I see this same thing every year, I don't put in for the early bow tags for 1 main reason. I know that I wont have time to prepare! The guys that apply for these tags are or should be fully aware of the situation that they are getting into. Yes I would like to have the results posted earlier, and someday they will get it figured out, but I do like the option of putting in online.
If they go back to only paper apps then it's going to take more time entering all the info by hand. Do it online and it takes longer to process cc's. So can we say that the paper guys caused the draw to be a week late? Umm no. It is what it is.

Remember it's the second Tuesday in June's deadline that makes it feel worse. Sometimes it's a week into June other times it's 2 weeks. AZ does a pretty good job handling all the apps IMHO.

I just call em as I see em!

I called AZ Game and Fish and was just told the results will be posted by Friday. Not sure if that is worth anything but that is what I was told. I am interested in the results. I thought I would be 100% for 12AE early with 7 NR points. Nothing on the card so I guess I get to wait and see.

Sremin I have to disagree... many years it didn't matter what tag I applied for I didn't draw one so i have to say the no tag option is still alive and well and still 100% :^)

I am trying to learn the AZ system. I thought I had a chance but I guess I was wrong...No big deal, I still have a few great hunts for this year. I am getting very close (or at least I think I am in AZ (now 15 NR elk points and it appears as if I will have 8 NR deer points)

Front all tag fees when you apply and get refunds after the draw if you are not drawn.

That would fix the current issue.

It takes a lot of points to be guaranteed a tag in AZ. I drew a dec tag this year on 2 points. That's what I love about this state, everyone has a chance! With a few exceptions of course.

I just call em as I see em!

I wish they would charge all the fees upfront when you apply. No matter what you do, you cannot guarantee that your credit card issuer's antifraud software won't deny payment. If you are lucky enough to draw two tags, the probability of one of them getting denied goes up. It doesn't matter if you have ample available credit and pay your bill in full and on-time every month. Especially for transactions such as hunting permits which are classified as MOTO (mail order/telephone order) by card companies the chance of denial exists. Can you imagine getting lucky enough to draw a sheep tag only to have your card denied through no fault of your own?

>Front all tag fees when you
>apply and get refunds after
>the draw if you are
>not drawn.
>
>That would fix the current issue.
>

Umm.... What is the 'current issue'?

S.

>>No matter what you do, you cannot guarantee that your credit card issuer's anti-fraud software won't deny payment.<<

Actually, there is something you can do. All it takes is a simple phone call to tell them that you MIGHT be getting charges from AZ G&F and to let them post. Your CC company will make a notation to that effect on your account.

Also, the CC company will usually notify the CC holder in some way before completely rejecting a charge as fraud. Usually it's a call from an 800 or 888 number.

When I went to Africa in 2003, my Visa folks went ding-ding with the car rental charge in Johannesburg. They put a hold on the charge (pending) and immedially called my wife. She told them what was going on and how long I would be in Africa.

Sooo now...everytime I travel ANYWHERE, I call AMEX and Chase Visa and tell them what's happening. They always will ask for a start/stop date. I really make sure to do this when we travel to Mexico every fall.

Now, all of the above said...your mileage might vary, depending on your card issuer. ;-)

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Did they update points? I put in for a deer bonus point and I showns no loyalty point or an increase in total points. My buddy that put in seperate is the same and showns no loyalty point either.

What about if on the draw results page it shows nothing for deer but that I was unsuccessful for sheep. I am pissed I don't have either of my receipt becasue my email automatically deleted them!!! URRRRR

I talked to a friend at G&F this morning. Everybody slamming the G&F site through the "backdoor" temporarily stopped G&F from updating loyalty point numbers. The regular draw results link should go live someday later today. Hopefully the gremlins in the system will depart shortly ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom