Birch Creek GC Buck Taken

Murdoc34

A month or so ago there were pics of a buck that was hanging out on the Birch Creek Golf Course in Smithfield, UT. It was a dandy buck. Today I had a picture forwarded to my phone of this buck on the ground after being taken on the opener for the archery. The pic is right by a vinyl fence. I'm curious if anybody has any details on this. I can't seem to get the pic from my picture mail to my email. I'll keep trying. In the meantime, I'd love to know the story.

I finally got this picture off my phone. Take a look. It looks like its off of hole 12 by those new houses.

48a86212767951c1.jpg

It sure does look like someone killed the golf course Buck the greens looks like it right there behind him. I wonder how they got him to jump over to the right side of the fence,(tongue in cheek)

Yep, that's him. He's a great buck. He has kinda been a sight around here for some time. He'll make someone a great trophy, though shooting a mostly domesticated buck in city limits isn't really my idea of a challenge.

Thats too bad. You know the story to his friends will be something like. . .

"I spotted him bedded down at 2000 yards, across a ditch as deep as the grand canyon, surrounded by at least 30 does. I had to belly crawl from 1500 yards in so as not to get spotted by his does. Took me 9 hours to get there. I looked like a rock. I finally was able to take him from 7 yards. Double lung."

Calloway Driver: $299.00

Titleist Golf Balls: $45.00

Hitting a a duck hook off of #14 that kills a P&Y trophy: PRICELESS!

I'm curious if there are any laws about hunting inside city limits? This seems ridiculous that someone could walk on a golf course and shoot a buck. Probably the most ridiculous thing is that someone actually did. This is the type of thing that gives PETA amo. Does anyone have any details on how this whole thing went down?

I don't really want to hear the details. I can't imagine them making me feel all warm and fuzzy about hunters.

There is video out there of the guys who shot this buck. Apparently they chased it through town, through fields (with a truck) and onto the golf course. In the video they are shooting over 150 yards. 5 vehicles are chasing it, fight ensues after buck hits the ground, police show up (brother of one of the people who shot it), DWR show up, buck decided on a coin flip on who's it is. Pretty good story to tell everyone!

Awesome...same type of jerk-offs who beat up trail cameras, drive ATV's in restricted areas, leave trash all over the hills, etc. etc. Gotta love it.

I'm still struggling with the legality of how this deer was taken. Can people hunt in town and on the golf course? If the answer is yes, so be it. If the answer is no, why was the buck not taken away and people cited?

I would be really interested to see the video clip of this hunt unfolding. Where would I be able to find the clips. Is they're bow and arrows tucked in with thier nine iron????

Let me know.

i was cutting up the elk with one of the kids that chased this animal down, (i was pissed), said that his cousin shot it down in some hay fields, (lazy Hunting in my book) and than followed him right up to the outskirts of the golf course where they tagged him. he said there was a two people that shot him, they dont know which one killed him so they flipped a coin and this guys cousin lost the flip. my opinion like mentioned, what a horrible hunt.

See now you are mistaken this buck was shot down in alfalfa fiels and after it was shot this buck was pushed back to the gc. There is where another gentleman shot him and was his final resting spot.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-08 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]I am still hunting putt-putt golf courses. Hopefully next year after some scouting and a little luck I will get to hunt an 18-hole course. Does anyone know how many points it takes to draw a Castle Pines tag?

mntnmayhem...
I dont have enough information.
Whats your handicap?
------------------------------------------------------
By the way,
I live in UT.
There are a lot of UTARDS that live here.
I have also seen quite a few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.

How special it will be for years to come to sit back and reflect on what a dramatic hunt it was, the stealth it took to maintain a low profile in the ditch in between the golf course and the alfalfa field, hoping some dog walking busy body woman from the near by subdivision wouldn't spot the camo-ed form in the weeds. It would be a great entry for the big buck contest. It sure as hell is way bigger than that little 4 point buck that teenage kid killed way up in the mountains and certainly much more conveiniant. That stupid kid spent all week sitting and waiting for that little dink when he could have just snuck down to the little spot by the golf course and arrowed a true trophy.

I was sickened to hear the buck I'd watch grow up on the birch creek golf course was taken in the manner it was. Where's the sport in shooting this magnificant animal in the city limits. Hope the law enforcement folks threw the book at the "#####" head that killed it. x(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom