Bonus point question

AZ8

I'm looking at the draw odds trying to determine my chances.

I currently have 6 points. When looking at the draw odds, do I look under 6 points or 7(my current 6 + 2016 app)?

I called AZ G&F and asked about that last week. What I understood for your case would be 7. But, the answer wasn't real convincing. Hope I'm not confusing the issue, but it is a confusing issue!

Yeah, it's a little confusing. Although I have 6 points, with my 2016 app, I'll have 7 random numbers generated for my application. I wonder if the bonus point report figures in the "+1 current app" into the report?

Guess I'll just look under 6 and be pleasantly surprised if I draw! :)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-16 AT 00:35AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-16 AT 00:28?AM (MST)

If you now have 6, you had 5 for the 2015 draw report and look at that point pool to see if they pulled some guys out of your pool and where you sit points wise relative to the max pool for that hunt code. You have to position yourself in the pool you were in at the time the report was created to get an accurate picture of your pool size and where the tags are getting drawn.

The app is not included in the point pools in the reports or there wouldn't be a 0 point pool for the 1-2 pass report.

Ok, thanks guys.

WapitiBob, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now. Might be another year without a tag for the hunt I'm interested in. I know I can still luck into a tag but it sure is depressing with some of these mid-tier elk hunts.

I don't see mid-tier....top & bottom...when you get close to points needed to draw, it creeps a point. Hopefully the new draw will help.

Kind of like a really high top tier then a top tier then everything else.

Online draw is open, good luck to you guys.

Just want to understand the system a little better, if I have 15 pts but don't pull a tag within the 5% group, does my name go into the random draw 15 times or just once. I think it goes in 15 but want verify . Thx MM guys.

Your name just goes in once but you get 16 random numbers generated, one for each point and one for your app. The lowest number goes into the draw.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Copy that, end result is the same I think . The random draw is weighted with those with the most points getting exponentially better odds. Appreciate the help.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom