Boone and Crockett question?

Buckhunter1

Here is a question that recently came up at our campfire. A friend of mine had just got back from his 2nd trip to Sonora Mx to hunt mule deer. He shot a nice muley both trips. Both bucks were shot from a high rack while stopped in the thick Sonoran desert.Now I know this is probably legal in Mexico and encouraged as a hunting method for that area. I believe it is illegal in the United states, at least where I hunt in the west anyways.The question is this, could any animal taken from a high rack or any vehicle be eligible for Boone & Crockett consideration? Article 2 of the fair chase affidavit states; Herding or chasing with the aid of any motorized equipment makes it ineligible. Any thoughts or comments? BH1

I hope not..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I don't see how it's herding or chasing. What about Utards hunting over bait? Illegal in Colorado, but you can still enter them.

I think if it is legal where you shoot it, it should be ok for B&C. Just like baiting if you ask me....legal in one state and not another. If he was chasing it down with the vehicle, that is another matter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom