Bought Tikka T3 in 25-06

GONHUNTIN

thought I would share this with ya first 3 shots out of my new rifle what a shooter it is, the lower group was shot free hand
4685ad6d3e495372.jpg

You are going to Love that rifle.

They don't get any better for deer and antelope. And, many of us use the 25/06 for a lot more.

TM

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-07 AT 04:40PM (MST)[p]I own afew 25-06's . they all shoot great. What a Wonderful cal...RIMROCK

GON,

I have not bought a rifle in quite a while. Why Tikka? Do you feel they are now one of the best, or the best, factory rifles? Juust curious?

I was looking for a 25-06 didnt want a Remington, wanted a Browning but couldnt find the one I was looking for, stainless camo went to Cabelas in Boise, asked if they had a 25-06 & they handed me this one, I worked the action, really smooth, with a 60degree throw like the browning but more or less like the Sako I thought bout it a while and decided to buy topped it with a Nikon Monarch 2-12x40 BDC redicle and shot that groupwith factories, I have been told by many since I bought it that it one of the best out of the box rifles

GON,

Thanks. I am just a curious person I guess. What does the action on your rifle look like? I have a Ruger and a couple of controlled feed from Winchester and like them both. I never did like the Remington actions even though I hear they are tough.

I am considering a long range deer rifle just for fun. Maybe a 7MM RM? Maybe something in the 257? I don't know. I have never owned a 25-06, but always wanted one/liked them. Looks like your rifle is a shooter.

Gonhuntin.....Has something changed? The Tikka website states the T-3 Lite wieghing in at 6 3/16 lbs unscoped. If this is not true please let me know. I am looking for a new lightwieght backpacking rifle and have pretty muck decided on the Kimber Montana at 5.4 lbs in short action. I would be very interested in the Tikka if your stated 5.5lbs scoped is true. Thanks....Ryan

Our experience with both rifle has been, Tika is extremely accurate, the Kimbers are not.
I have four friends that rushed out and bought new Kimber short Mags. None of them own them anymore!

A friend of mine bought a Kimber in a short action 243 at 5.4lbs and it was fairly accurate. It shot about 1 inch groups at 100yds with factory stuff and I can live with that. What I was wondering was not which rifle everyone else prefered but if the Tikkas really are as light as gonhuntin stated.....I know they make quality rifles and thats what got me interested. But the wieght is my main concern.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-07 AT 07:01PM (MST)[p]hardway, I weighed my t-3 it tipped the scales @ just about 6lbs, 22 7/8 bbl stainess, topped with a Nikon Monarch I know for certain that it is much lighter than my a-bolt composite stalkerwhich it states in the browning book to weigh in @ 6.6Lbs without a scope all in all go find one and hold it yourself, GON

I forgot to mention that it is the T3 Lite, and on www.Berettausa.com it doesnt have the weight of the T3 lite which it says the T3 hunter weighs in about 6Lbs 10oz

Thanks for the info GON, Sorry if I came off like I was callin you out..... I found the wieght for the T-3 Lite at the Tikka.com site. I'm definately gonna have to take a look.

Hardway, dont worry bout it I am glad I could help with u choosing a new rifle, I am sure u will like the weight as well as the accuracy

For what it's worth with you .25-06 boy's
This new 110 grain Accubond from Nosler is
great.

I'm loading it in front of a whole bunch of IMR4831,
and it has kicked ass so far, both in accuracy and
hitting deer real hard.

To me it's the new cat's meow for the 25-06.

fyi
lrv

I have a Tikka T3 in a 7mm-08 and I would say I got the same results as far as my groups were concerned! That Tikka is the "Real Deal"!!!!

How bout the wieght Blacknight? What size scope? I'd love to know the actual wieght....especially in a short action. Thanks

SHOW ME A MORE ACCURATE/LIGHTER/BETTER PRICED RIFLE ON THE MKT. & I WILL BUY IT. MT TIKKA IS IN THE .300WSM AND ITS BEEN SUCH A PLEASURE TO SHOOT/& CARRY. IF MORE AMERICAN FIRE ARMS MFG. MADE RIFLES THIS GOOD, THEY WOULD NOT BE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS AT THE RATE THEY ARE.-----YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom