Colorado Unit 17 Moose

KingCrow

I have a moose tag for unit 17 in Colorado. I have some general ideas of where I will be hunting, if anyone here has any experience in the area I have general questions about lodging, camping and meat processing. Please PM if you are willing to share some info.

Around October 1, but bulls will start getting nuts about mid to late September. Congrats on the tag, that will be an awesome hunt. I can't help you with 17 specifically. In general, focus on larger parks and find high points around them to glass from. Bulls will be on the move through the parks and the surrounding timber. Calling should work well, too. Make sure you have a round chambered when you start calling!

My parents have a place in unit 17; needless to say; I spend a lot of time up there. I elk hunt the unit every year as well. There are a lot of quality moose in the area. You should be fine as long as you put in the effort. I will PM you with a bit more specific information.

Also, will you be rifle hunting? How many years did it take you to draw?

The 17, 18, 181 border holds a few mature bulls up the Chimney Rock road. They move between the 3 units so be careful where your at exactly. Good luck, great tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom