Colorado Whitetail

bighorn191

Had a great hunt and ended up taking this 10 point a few days ago in an area along Fountain Creek, which is in CO unit 118/123. Shot him at 13 yards and was wishing for my Mathews bow but had a gun instead. It's always fun to have wildlife up close like that.

Headed to Kansas for an archery hunt next week...can't get enough of the whitetail hunting...

4ae855fd1b366ddc.jpg

Where abouts you heading off to in Kansas? I'm in Unit 3/7...first time there and planning to hunt some of the walk-in areas. Got any ideas for me?

I'm hunting unit 14. I have never been to that part of KS to hunt so I wouldn't be much help. I'm going to do the same in 14 or 11. Good Luck!!!

Nice buck Tim, Im chasing one around like that myself, hopefully I can get him with my bow. Gary

Gary,
How did the elk hunt go? You're the only person I know who has ever won anything in a HF drawing...

Where you hunting whitey?

I spent a few days in Kansas last week archery hunting and had about a 140 buck at full draw...all he had to do was take one lousy step toward me and he was mine...he thought better of that and went back to chasing does. Rut was on big time near Norton.

Tim

The elk hunt was fun, but ......theres always that but....lol Ive never elk hunted where I was at the mercy of doing what someone else wanted me to do. The first thing that I thought was a little odd was the fact that the ranch manager wanted us to only hunt during the afternoon and only from treestands over water. This would all be fine had the elk been hitting the water holes except they werent with water all over the place. He didnt want us hunting in the morning at all which was really not my style. A few days of this not working and we found out we could in fact hunt from the ground on a different part of the ranch which was fine and I got close, very close to a couple really big bulls a couple different times. Out of four of us hunting the ranch I was the only one who even saw a bull from a treestand and he was a raghorn. The ranch manager and his friends were great people though, we won a couple bows out of the deal and had a great trip all in all just not quite what I expected.

heck, the money they make off of the hunts, he should have been one hell of a hunt. i would have been disappointed, & I put in every year. I know this hunting, but these hunts are to be the best.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom