Cougar kills coyote pic

fly4fish

Don't know what this cat had in mind or what he did with the dog, but the likelihood of him killing it is high.

8602ted_killing_coyote_059.jpg

Do you guys think a cat would eat a dog? We have other trail cam pics of this cat, and it appears he eats well.

The fact that he is carrying it would indicate a probability the cat will eat it. Or at least bury it for later (though they often don't come back). What they or any predator does or doesn't eat is usually a function of availability and hunger (need). Often in the summer, uneaten kills are not unusual. During colder months, waste goes down.

Dinner bell has been rung.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Cat seems to be pretty healthy looking. They do kill dogs but I don't know if they eat them. But I guess whats the difference from a coyote and a dog

>Cat seems to be pretty healthy
>looking. They do kill dogs
>but I don't know if
>they eat them. But I
>guess whats the difference from
>a coyote and a dog
>

Sorry, the dog is a coyote.

Yes, I have seen two coyotes that were eatten by lions. We ran and treed both toms off the kills. Actually, one coyote was shot and left and the lion showed up that night and ate it, leaving only the tail.

I have seen many coyotes get caught in a foot trap and then have a lion come along, and about all that is left is the foot in the trap and some hair. They will eat them.

Cool pic...there is a female lion in the Kofas that eats coyotes regularly

I would be interested in learning about any studies to this effect, but I have long suspected that the number of coyotes killed by lions makes up for the number of deer they kill. Abundant coyotes make fawn recruitment hell. Anyone have data on this?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom