Dad's Unit 34 MI Deer

Cookie2

Very Active Member
After two days of trying we finally got it together around noon today and got dad his deer. It wasn't easy given all the able bodied slobs running EVERY road all day long in 34. We finally decided that if he was going to get one he was going to have to get out there and hoof it a little. Drug him up a fairly large hill first thing this morning only to find that everyone else had chosen that particular hill to watch. We figured this hill was a total waste of time so drug him back down to the truck. I really was wondering if he was going to be able to walk anymore but suggested a short easy area that just might be holding a deer. It worked out perfectly and he made it count when the buck showed hinself.
I'm proud of "the old man" as he has refused to quit what he loves even though he pays for it for days, sometimes weeks after he does it. He doesn't accept can't when it comes to hunting and does what it takes when the time comes!

Oh, WE HUNTED HARD!!!

4aee4dec251fc151.jpg

Had to put that picture up. Chaps my hide when I see those clowns on TV saying that!

4aee4eab2b37dd4f.jpg

4aee4ed22ca264ba.jpg

His first shot. All we can figure is that the deer turned hard just to the right just as the bullet got there. Missed it by THAT much! IT didn't break the skin but removed every hair in it's path.

4aee4f512ff234f6.jpg

Way to go Curtis. Looks like your having a real good hunting season with your folks. Tell your dad congrats for me.

Congrats to your dad on a good buck! always a good hunt when you finally get that deer on the ground.

Congrats to you and your old man Curtis. Way to get out, catch some Zs AND a nice deer. Reminds me of my old man on hunts (the napping that is). Should be some great eating..
-Cody

I've been known to catch a little rest myself up there. I knew he was beat so didn't give him too much flack over it. We had a great time together and can't wait till next year when, thanks to that stupid rule, I will be chasing deer with a rifle instead of with my bow! Then, hopefully it will be all three of us together hunting. I have some more pics of things we saw during this hunt but gotta get them resized and cleared up just a little before I post.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom