Daughter in Law's First Buck

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
My daughter in law expressed an interest in trying her hand at big game hunting. She passed Hunter Safety and drew a tag to hunt in this part of NW Wyoming. She had tagged along a few years ago and wanted her chance this year. She set some criteria for her mule deer hunt. She wanted a 4 point. Doable. She wanted a buck to stand broadside at 100 yards and not move for 20 minutes. Uh-Oh. On the second day of her hunt, we found a buck chasing after some does. He stopped broadside at 200 yards. I told her it was 100 yards. After lots of getting set up, she let the lead fly. The first shot was a clean miss. The buck just stood there after the miss. Another 5 minutes passed and she shot again. This time she got her buck.
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/mightyhunter55/015_zps2fe1a6f1.jpg

:D lol! Mightyhunter I think yer exaggeratin the time a bit! Congrats to yer daughter in law! Nice buck young lady!

Mightyhunter
Congrats to the hunter gal!
Your hunt description is a hoot!
Bet it seemed like forever waiting for that second round to be fired!
Good first buck! Looks like it might have been a bit cold that day?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom