deadhead

jd332001

found this yesterday here in CO. buck died in velvet so horns are in really good shape. gonna get some color in them and will post before/after picts. this is my buddy holding them. best buck i have found. enjoy josh

49c5a69f5f22cc0e.jpg

yep. your exactly why we did it. my wanger doesnt look big that far away. still good buck 185-190 range. my best every. lets see how many more people say that.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-09 AT 09:23PM (MST)[p]>yep. your exactly why we did
>it. my wanger doesnt
>look big that far away.
>still good buck 185-190 range.
>my best every. lets see
>how many more people say
>that.

No way he is 190 short 2s beams are ok short on points. lets see a good pic. Nice head though.

love how u can say that without seeing it. i will post pict of me holding it. im a chunky monkey. 29 inches wide. 2's are around 15 apeice. 3's are weak otherwise it would be around 195-200.

49c5b05e119ca08d.jpg

Sorry dont see 195 or 200 not enough bone. 200in is alot of horn just dont see it there. nice eye guards real bladed.

How long are his beams and 4th if u dont mind me asking? Not trying to give any u sh!t my bad nice head.

ok ute heres the measurements for ya. i put a quick tape to him. mbs= 23 1/8 and 23 7/8, g1s= 5 0/8 and 5 1/8, g2s= 13 2/8(little off on this one) and 15 0/8, g3s= 9 3/8 and 7 4/8, g4s= 9 2/8 and 9 7/8, h1s= 5 4/8 and 5 7/8, h2s= 5 1/8 and 5 0/8, h3s= 4 7/8 and 4 3/8, h4s= 5 0/8 and 4 6/8, extras equal 8 2/8 (eyeguard and small kicker and inline) and greatest inside spread of mb is 25 4/8 for grand total of 195 but -2 3/8 cuz 1 mb is only 23 1/8. so 192 5/8 by my calculations (did i add right?) give or take 3-5 inches cuz im not "official". hope that helps draw better pict cuz my picts arent that great. thanks for givin me hard time ute:)

How many beers did jerod have before you took the picture! Hope i can make it over sometime this spring. Helluva find!!!

I only had about eight....teen! Ha! I was pretty tired after a long day of hiking and "trick riding" as Josh likes to call it. Ya, had a little trouble on the wheeler! That buck is awesome though, I couldn't pass him on any hunt.

>ok ute heres the measurements for
>ya. i put a quick
>tape to him. mbs= 23
>1/8 and 23 7/8, g1s=
>5 0/8 and 5 1/8,
>g2s= 13 2/8(little off on
>this one) and 15 0/8,
>g3s= 9 3/8 and 7
>4/8, g4s= 9 2/8 and
>9 7/8, h1s= 5 4/8
>and 5 7/8, h2s= 5
>1/8 and 5 0/8, h3s=
>4 7/8 and 4 3/8,
>h4s= 5 0/8 and 4
>6/8, extras equal 8 2/8
>(eyeguard and small kicker and
>inline) and greatest inside spread
>of mb is 25 4/8
>for grand total of 195
>but -2 3/8 cuz 1
>mb is only 23 1/8.
> so 192 5/8 by
>my calculations (did i add
>right?) give or take 3-5
>inches cuz im not "official".
> hope that helps draw
>better pict cuz my picts
>arent that great. thanks
>for givin me hard time
>ute:)

there is a snowballs chance in hell that deer is 192 and change mabey 182 on his best day.....there is no effing way....weak 3's and 4's. decent mass and awesome eyeguards..but Im sorry no way in hell that deer is 190+. Better re calibrate your rackulator...its WAY OFF!!!!!!!!

had it scored again today so i guess a snowball can last in hell gaywad. 193 6/8. if u wanna come score it i welcome u. lol. u must be an expert

lmao....sorry richard licker, that deer aint 193...Im sorry. Tell the tool bag that you have scoring it to learn to add. Mabey 183 if he is lucky.

Hey Josh,

Its a great looking buck, and it doesn't matter what the number is... you scored in finding it. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Big And Tiney

3372179434_176181933f_m.jpg

On your way up the mountain, don't forget to look back and enjoy the view.

JD,
Who gives a SH!T if these guys want to argue with you on the "actual" score of that buck.. Its an impressive find. It will look great when you stain them...

thanks guys,
gonna rub them. will probly put about 10-12 hours to get the color in them. its a lot of work but its worth it. thnks for lookin.

I have seen this deer in person. I first seen the picture and thought it was a avg deer. But then I realized that pictures (especially phone pictures) can be deceiving. Anyone that reads magazines or Monstermuleys AND spend time in the feild know how frequent this problem pops up. I thought it could be a better deer than I was seeing. So I show up at JD's house and find a deer that I is freekin awesome. Josh said it was a 180's type buck. I thought he was full of sh)t and I was right. He needs to learn how to not sandbag his scores. Easy a 190 class deer.

That being said, I can understand if you naysayers cant appriciate what is being shown based on the pictures shown. But...after he lists measurements even a Obama himself can deduce it is a legit score. What is your guys problem? Did you not pass 3rd grade math? Do you not know how the BC scoring system works? Do you not know how to work a 1/4 steel measureing tape?? I am suprised that you were able to log onto the internet and navigate a web page to even be able to type your ignorant responses.

If you want to put you money where your uneducated mouths are I will go back over there take a picture of each measurement and walk you though the "magic" process of addition. Maybe I can teach something and some good will come out of this post.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-09 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]>I have seen this deer in
>person. I first seen the
>picture and thought it was
>a avg deer. But then
>I realized that pictures (especially
>phone pictures) can be deceiving.
>Anyone that reads magazines or
>Monstermuleys AND spend time in
>the feild know how frequent
>this problem pops up. I
>thought it could be a
>better deer than I was
>seeing. So I show up
>at JD's house and find
>a deer that I is
>freekin awesome. Josh said it
>was a 180's type buck.
>I thought he was full
>of sh)t and I was
>right. He needs to learn
>how to not sandbag his
>scores. Easy a 190 class
>deer.
>
>That being said, I can understand
>if you naysayers cant appriciate
>what is being shown based
>on the pictures shown. But...after
>he lists measurements even a
>Obama himself can deduce it
>is a legit score. What
>is your guys problem? Did
>you not pass 3rd grade
>math? Do you not know
>how the BC scoring system
>works? Do you not know
>how to work a 1/4
>steel measureing tape?? I am
>suprised that you were able
>to log onto the internet
>and navigate a web page
>to even be able to
>type your ignorant responses.
>
>If you want to put you
>money where your uneducated mouths
>are I will go back
>over there take a picture
>of each measurement and walk
>you though the "magic" process
>of addition. Maybe I can
>teach something and some good
>will come out of this
>post.

Do u not know how the bc. scoring system a 1/4 they go by 8th smartguy u are real educated in score ya right!!! I would like to see this deer in person too it might just be wrong but if u say he that big i have some 210ty. i have taken then.LOL

For the spread credit you refer to the longer beam not the shorter beam. Based on your measurements the spread credit should be 23 7/8 not 23 1/8 which will increase the score a little more. Great looking buck I think the mass is what is throwing people off. Bucks with real good mass score higher than the eye test makes you think they score.

slow down when your reading so you dont make any more mistakes. I said you have to use a 1/4" steel tape to pull measurements. The measurements are taken to the nearest 1/8" for the score.

Quoted from the B&C scoring sheet;

"All measurements must be made with a 1/4-inch wide flexible steel tape to the nearest one-eighth of an inch. (Note: A flexible steel cable can be used to measure points and main beams only.)

Enter fractional figures in eighths, without reduction. For example, if a point measures 7 and 2/8 inches, you would enter 7 2/8 in the space provided."

>I didn't realize only ONE guy
>on this site was allowed
>to find big antlers. Unreal.
>

Whatever man. I said it was a good find if u read all the posts. I know u are not talking about me finding big stuff my stuff is not big at all.

K guys u win dont want too have sh!t with anybody like I said before. He has great mass I like the buck. He would be sitting in my house too if i found him. My bad guys K?

ute u from w colo. if so i would love to meet ya so you can see the horns and eat your words. just let me know. its all fun.

That is a nice buck. I can see how people can find the score a little off cuz most bucks don't have those great of eye guards. When you think about it if you cut off the eyeguards and add them onto the g2's you have a 19-20 inch g2's which would make this deer look a lot more in the 190 range. Very nice buck. I would love to find it.

4a5ebbfb6aab1f15.jpg

Here is the buck at taxi today. still has about 1-2 weeks till done and a little more color on his left antler. just wanted to share with u all and ute the taxi has it at closer to 200. i am very happy with the mount. enjoy and have a great safe hunting season all. jd

Seeing it on the form like that really helps you see the size of that big guy. Great find i love those eye guards. Looks like you have a good taxidermist.

"Life's tough... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

Ok, I can see where some are having a question on this deers score. If you want to lay all the ?'s to rest, find a BC official scorer to score it for you and post up the sheet.
I caught alot of greif over my sheds, but when I posted up the score from an official BC scorer, minus the spread credit of course, they shut their mouths. I also had my sheds mounted like your dead head. Really puts him into prespecitve.

4a60b26b2e2585fb.jpg

bucksbulls thats some great lookin sheds ya got there. they look awesome on the head. really tall and great tine depth. what did u have him scored at? how wide is he?

on my buck, i thing where people are thrown off is the forks (or lack of deep forks) mass and eyeguards. his main beams are 25 a peice, eye guards r 5, mass is 40 inches. mainframe of the deer grosses 190 and change and the extras are 8 and change. i dont see paying to have something officailly scored unless your gonna enter it. my taxi is friends with many "official" scorers for B & C and knows how to score. i am not worried about it except for ute. I wanted him to see what it looked like on a head so he can get some persepctive. not mad at anyone but i dont come on here and talk trash to others when i havent seen the deer/horns in person. this is suppose to be so others can enjoy picts share stories. jd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom