Did you see this????

D

Deadred7o7

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-06 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-06 AT 09:25?PM (MST)

I found this on another site but this will make you sick

http://www.forksforum.com/

Top left

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Elk-shot.jpg

Brian Fairbanks photo

Two of the three bull elks shot last week near the 2V Road south of Forks, lie where they fell.

by Denise DeVaney, Forum editor

On Tuesday morning, Oct. 24, a deer hunter near milepost 179 on Highway 101 made a disturbing and puzzling discovery according to Department of Fish and Wildlife Officer Brian Fairbanks. Three branch-antlered bull elk had been shot dead and left intact where they fell. The animals were found about 11 a.m., and Fairbanks arrived on the scene about an hour later.
"The animals were still warm," Fairbanks said, "and the bullets were well-placed. This was not random shooting; it looked as if they were targeting the bulls."

The antlers had not been removed and according to Fairbanks, the motive for the shooting was unknown.

The area in which the shooting took place had been closed to public access, while timber work went on. The gate, which had been kept locked, had been vandalized and left open every day for the two or three days prior to the shooting.

To report any information about the shooting, call the Department of Fish and Wildlife at 374-9440.

I hope they took care of the meat and donated it to feeding the homeless. Make a positive out of this crime.

I have hunted a lot in that area and my guess would be Quinault Tribal members. We found a lot of that type of crap up in the Clearwater area.
Eric
deerline.gif

>I have hunted a lot in
>that area and my guess
>would be Quinault Tribal members.
> We found a lot
>of that type of crap
>up in the Clearwater area.
>
>Eric
>
deerline.gif

I guess your guess would be another man's facts in a little while! Sheesh!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-06 AT 08:11AM (MST)[p]Motcha... Who knows? It could have been anyone. I do know that the Quinaults have a reputation for doing such a thing, i.e. poaching elk and leaving them lie. We have had 2 bulls shot out from underneath us in the Clearwater unit by Quinaults. We were in behind locked gates about 6 miles in on mountain bikes hunting early archery elk. We had an arrow in a huge 6x7 bull and was waiting for it to settle down and die when a truck load of Quinaults came roaring up the logging road, passing us as we stood to the side. 4 of them got out and all shot the bull with their rifles as the bull was bedded down 20 yards from the road. They all yarded it into their truck and tried to run us over as they left. On our way out to call the cops we found 6 more elk that had been shot and left to rot. This happened again the following year. That was the last year that we hunted the area. Several of my cousins are loggers in that area and have come across this kind of thing many times. So, I do have a legitimate reason to suspect the Quinaults.
Eric
deerline.gif

So this is a legit reason to accuse?? I have heard of no such thing, an excuse to blame? I read your story, and it makes me shake my head, in disbelief or in shame, just can't figure which one it is.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-06 AT 06:56PM (MST)[p]Here we go again! I was wondering how long it would take.
There is a difference in an accusation or blame and being suspect. I did not "accuse" them directly, I merely stated that it is crime that is known to be prevalent within the Quinault Tribe and therefore they are possibly suspect. I never said that they did it that would be an accusation. If you are in the inner city and find a certain type of graffiti on a wall that is the same type typical of a certain gang, would you not suspect that gang? This is the same deal. The reason that I suspect the Quinault's is that if it were done by the local hillbillies or trash, they would be more likely to cut the back straps out of the elk and or take the antlers.

Eric
deerline.gif

I don't get it now. Please feel free to explain to me in further detail. You see stuff, and then say it was most likely them, but are not blaming? You see animals dead in the Clearwater area, I mean this type of crap, and figure it was them as well? I guess I am shaking my head in shame for them, because you have convinced me that it may be them, but are not accusing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom