Doh !!!!!!!

glass_eye

Today, the 13th I went to the Game & Fish and filled out my application for spring turkey. I carefully examined my app to be sure I made no mistakes. I calculated the cost for license and tag fee, wrote the amount on my check and slipped it into the envelope, dropped the envelope into the locked box and DOH !!! I forgot to write the written amount on my check. I grabbed a pencil and shaded the check in my checkbook which confirmed my suspicion.
Do you think they'll accept the check and write in the amount ?
I had written the numbered amount and signed the check.

No, I don't think they will write in the amount. They might accept it since you wrote the numerical amount. However, it wouldn't surprise me if they rejected it. I have read posts where guys got rejected for less.

While I feel for you, I doubt you will get any sympathy from many guys on here. They will say you should have sent it in before the grace period for mistakes expired.

no the written amount is what counts on the check not the numerical! get in there and they should find your app or let you turn in another.

I would have sent it in earlier if I had the money. Non-Resident license & tag is $229 I just got paid today at the Game & Fish parking lot where I met and delivered a truck-load of mounts to my Yuma area customers. It's been a tough summer trying to get customers to pick up their mounts.

I called the Phoenix office and when I explained how I goofed she said, "No problem, happens ALL the time. When there's an error on the check they proccess it anyways and it's up to the bank to accept or reject" she continued and said "The banks always proccess them"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-09 AT 02:45PM (MST)[p]last year forgot to sign the application for spring javelina, so we didnt draw then the over the counter came out and we resubmitted and I wrote out a check and forget $.50 so they called me and I just told them to write it in and they wouldn't so I worte another check for $.50 and sent it over night. We finally got the tag but didnt kill anything on the hunt! I dont understand why AZ doesnt just go online with everything, big pain in the arse!

Don't feel bad. I miscalculated several years ago on an elk application by 10 cents. Needless to say I didn't draw that year nor did I get my preference point. ya, I felt like a moron.

I was turned down on my elk, they said my license was not sighned. I have never made a app, mistake before in my life. Either way as a NR I wish they would figure out online apps, with 10 pnts I missed out on the loyalty point and my regular pnt. Since I have max on deer I was very nervous.

don't expect miracles from G$F - i sent $7.00 in last yr for a sheep bonus point instead of the 7.50 - they rejected my application - and kept the 7.00 as a processing fee!! i told them how could they have processed it - if they rejected it - get ur lube ready - MM

WooHoo !!
My check cleared last night.
Maybe screwing up is what it takes to draw a Gould's tag.
In '05 I missed the CA deadline for the first and ONLY time. That brain-fart knocked me out of the max point pool for elk. However, the following year I drew a Tule Bull tag.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom