Draw odds

Ncole

Could anyone explain how Wyomings draw works? I've got 7 points and the tag I'd like to get this year says 79% chance with 0. If I put that as my second choice do I have a chance to draw it or can you only draw your second chance if it can be draw with 0 or if it goes to leftover?

Wyoming is not like Colorado on the 2nd choice. With Wyoming, you only have a chance at your 2nd choice if the tag you are applying for was undersubscribed for all who applied for it with their 1st choice.

In my opinion, 79% odds with 0 points sounds like an area with VERY difficult public access or generally not too popular of a hunt or perhaps a wilderness area that requires a resident guide.

You could consider including someone else, maybe even a couple of others in a group application. Wyoming does not do like Colorado, which uses the points of the group member with the least number of points. Wyoming is the best in this regard in that they take actual averages, no rounding down.

Sorry if I'm repeating stuff you already knew.

I appreciate it. It is an area with a lot of private but I've got family that just got some land and have access to some land around it. It will be a lot of fun I just hate to spend 7 points so I'd like to use them on something decent and start hunting up there in the future.

Wyoming and Colorado are basically the same with regard to second choices. All first choices are considered first.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom