e-file your taxes?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I'm a dickweed. I could pay H&R Block $50 and be done with it in 10 minutes. Oh heck no.....not me. I'll file my own taxes, screw H&R Block!

I've been trying for over a month with free e-file, but I can't get it done!}>

First I was missing a 1099 form. Finally got that. The last couple weeks I hit "e-file now" and after a day or so I get a "rejected" notice. They don't really tell you why. "error, please correct and submit again". They send you a long list of possible solutions, but you have to go over the entire form and guess.

After you "submit" again you have to wait until they reject it again before you can work on it and try again.

If I ever get the Federal done I still have the State to deal with. I'm just hoping I can make the April 17th deadline.

By gawd, I'm going to save $50 though!}>

Anybody else do their own taxes on line?

Eel

turbo tax for several years. did mine a few weeks ago. federal return was quick. just got the state return yesterday. both e-filed. never heard of what youre talking about. i think you can actually talk to reps now. id just call and quit the guessing game.

Well Eel!

Here's the Obama Simple Form:

1458ustaxform.jpg

Yup,the Simple Obama Form/Plan!

Send every f'n Penny in the U.S. Government hasn't already took from you!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Eel, my best advise is to pony up the $50 bucks, the gut ache they give you isn't worth it.

Been doing tax cut for a long time. Buy the CD, punch in some numbers and you are done.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Eel....I went to my local Tax guy..NOT the one you mentioned either. Was in his office 45 minutes and out and paid him $90 and it was done. 10 days later I had BOTH state and Fed deposits in my bank account.....A first in a long time from FEDS.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Eel, You savin up for turtle taxidermy or something ? Geeze. Get off your wallet and pay the 50 bucks. It's not worth the aggrevation.

Eel.. I'm with you, screw H&R block. Fill out the paper form and send it in and be done with it. Have never used e-file, but I also always owe. This year $1550, won't send in til the last hour....LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-12 AT 04:45PM (MST)[p]Guys, here's the problem. I would love to pay the $50 and be done with it. I'll probably do that next year. I was trying to talk the wife into a new computer, and I explained how much money I could save by filing my own taxes on line for free.....if I just had a new computer. She bought into it, so I'm stuck.:)

The good news is I got an email today saying the IRS has accepted my return! YES!!!!! I think the problem was when I entered the date at the bottom. I had 03/15/202 instead of 03/15/2012. One tiny little error gets rejected, I guess.

I can take the info off it now and do the State.

Eel
Rutnbuck, you're kidding right? I'll check into that next year.:)

I use taxslayer.com. Really easy. Punch in some numbers and hit the calculate button. They charge 10 bucks and within approx 4 days you have the money directly wired to your account. It keeps a record of every year you filed with them and you can access the account at any time and print your results. It has been really easy to do every year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom