early shed drops

everbrownshed

Is it me or are the bucks dropping a little bit earlier this year? Its the 10th now but I saw a big 4 point with one side on Jan 25th. Someone get back at me. P.S. Im in the Manti region.

I'm not sure how it is there in Manti, but I see quite a few bucks here in the northern region that start shedding the last two weeks of january, and by about the third week in feb i don't see many fours still packin at all, mostly smaller bucks, but honestly it just depends on the deer! Some say they start droppin early if it's been real cold but I don't buy into that..
I've found what will be the fourth consecutive year to a high 180 - 190 buck.. I know the week he drops and the winter range he drops on.. I haven't been able to go find em yet because I didn't wanna go in january cus all the deer were still on the range.. Now do to low amounts of snow the deer have all moved out pretty much, but obviously i'm not allowed to go pick em up yet, but as soon as may 1st hits all have his sheds off the hill.. To shorten everything it just depends on the buck! Some drop early some will hold on to em a long time.. This is my opinion and just what i've noticed throughout the years i've hunted sheds..

Whats up Crazy4Sheds, Hey dont you think May 1 is too late for the shed season to start? I cant imagine waiting three and a half more months to start shed hunting. April 1 sounds better to me, I dont know how you guys are going to hold off until then. Good luck.

I definately think it's way too late!! I normally have close to forty or fifty fresh by this point, and I only have one i found the third week of january lyin in the road.. I agree with April 1st. It would definately make it lots better.. It's going to be tempting not to go find bone before then.. I went out to Wyoming today lookin a bit.. We only found a few but it's better than nothing.. You are far enough south to not be effected by the Shed law right?? IF so how are things looking there? haha you can p.m. me if you want so you don't have to answer on your comments.. I would've pm'd you but i don't know how.. Well good luck to you too,
Crazy4Sheds

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-07 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]To Crazy4Sheds, Yeah Im not even close to northern Utah, but Im sure we will have this new law in a few years. There is absolutly no snow down here and its warm. It actually rained today. Me and my buddy walked around for a little bit and he found a hard white 2 point and I found an older than hell big four point. If it was fresh it would have been huge. Just goes to show you that nobody finds everything right? I've actually found two sheds from last year laying 20 yards off a main road, it was awsome. Let me know how you do this season and Ill try to post up some pictures. PS I dont know what pm is or how to use it. Get back at me, later bro. Hey try that little envelope looking thing above the message.

Everbrownsheds... That's awesome you were able to pick some bone up today though!! A shed is a shed right?? your right about not findin everything too.. I always choose to think I clean house but there's always a couple that don't get spotted:D.. Too bad your four wasn't fresh, I hate that haha.. Yeah definately post pics when you get some! I'll be watchin out for them!! PM means personal message. they're just like e-mails.. It just makes it so Everyone on MM don't have to read our conversation.. Just curious how old you are too? I'll keep you updated on my finds if I get a chance to hit somewhere where it is legal.. later

45cfd54c18b4c12a.jpg
Here is that old shed from today.

not to many dropping here yet it is hard to say what you want on this sight i guess i need a different one nice meeting you guys

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom