Elk Big Horns Type NINER

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Looking to hunt Wyoming for the first time and burn my points to get out of the volatility, at least if I come back, I would hit a general god willing, or may we call it a sectional now.

I think I am going to burn them on 38 type 9 and go Sept 6-15th, ish, ish.

DIY bow hunt, 41 years young, would likely bring a friend of a son along, maybe both.

Most important thing for me is to get into some unpressured elk, I don't care the size, I want to have the average opportunity to find some elk if I work at it and don't have trucks and ATV's buzzing by frequently. I know the area will some better bulls, like a lot of WY units.

I had that in Arizona Unit 8 and I always told myself I would do my best to avoid a unit like this one in the future. The elk were so pressured they didn't talk much.

How is the scenery, also a big factor for me. Never been to the Big Horns but have been intrigued for many years.

Are they elk in the NF in Sept in 38 or is this unit weather dependent to move them in?

I wanted until right at the end of the application season to post, hoping the unit doesn't catch fire with interest, not that there's much for secrets anymore and especially 38. Thank you BIG.

I dont personally like the bighorns due to the crowd. Gonna have the camping crowd wanting to camp before season ends and lots of people sxs traffic. Lot of hunters bugle then drive and repeat.

But I do know one thing. Hunters willing to get off the road and put the effort in are successful. I would expect from a spike to 330 class bull. Most bulls pulled are in the 250 to 300 class.

Always elk in the area. They don't start migrating out until the big snows arrive which is late October and into November

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom