Elk Unit 3A/3C Early Rifle

Repaupo

Hi,

I am a NR that has been building points for a LONG time and I'm
thinking about using them this year on the early rifle hunt in unit 3A/3C. I have been doing this for so long that I believe I know how many points I need to draw based on the available statistics that the AZ F&G puts out. I don't know if I want to wait for 9,10,23,or 1 which are said to be better units.
The reason for my post is to get a sense of what a reasonable expectation for this hunt would be and what the terrain is like (steep, rolling, thick, open).
Appreciate any help with my decision.

Thanks.

I WOULD NOT DISCOUNT 3A3C AS BEING A LESSER UNIT THAN THE ONES YOU MENTIONED AT ALL. IT WOULD BE IN MY TOP 3, AND 2013 WAS ALSO A TOUGHER HUNT LAST YEAR IN SOME OF THE TOP UNITS YOU MENTIONED. THE DROUGHT WAS A PROBLEM LAST YEAR FOR SOME HUNTERS, AS IT IS GOING TO BE MOST EVERY YEAR........JUST GO HUNT......GOOD LUCK.................YD.

Yes, the terrain is steep, rolling, thick and open, depending upon where you are in the unit. There are other units that are steeper and some that are thicker. A big chunk of 3C is a burn that is very open and a very productive area. I see more elk in the rolling hills than in the steep country. If knew I could draw an early rifle tag, I would not hesitate to pull the trigger.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom