Favorite Tripod???

hunt4sheds

I'm looking for Tripod, my current lightweight tripod isn't sturdy enough! Anyone have any tripods they like? I have a vortex skyline 80mm. Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks!

>Ive been using Manfrotto pods for
>18 years guiding, the best
>there is.....period!

+1 Never had an issue with mine, not the lightest though.

I use Manfrotto and will never go any other way. It is not the lightest but is def steady. To get the steady you usually have to go bigger and better. Check out Ebay and/or KSL classifieds.

It's def worth the few extra oz. of tripod to have something that works.

Good Luck

Manfrotto 785B, I like the lightweight one for my 60 power scope. If its real windy I just get lower and ad some weight.

The lightest super high quality tripod you can buy is the Slik 613CF. It only weights 710 grams. I use one for all my spotting scope work with a Manfrotto 700RC2 fluid head. It's not really stiff enough to use fully extended, but perfect for sitting and spotting or for bivy/backcountry type video work. If you have to carry it anywhere, this is the one.

The ultimate tripod you can buy is a Really Right Stuff TQC-14. It's only 2.7 lbs and you can hang on it like a jungle gym. All the carbon tubing for it is made by a friend of mine here in Salt Lake. Only problem is it costs $850 :)

Manfrotto's are nice, Gitzo's are even better, Really Right Stuff are the best, but the Slik 613CF is the lightest and a more reasonable cost at about $200.

Cheers,
Pete

I use the Manfrotto 3021N. It's not the lightest but works perfect for me. Whether I'm sitting, standing or any position, it works... windy or not. It's very steady.

I think the head is just as important as the tripod. When I first started hunting, I never knew I would be spending so much on optics and the gear they sit on. But it makes sence cuz I spend so many hours glassing with binos and spotting scope.

i like my "Slik i think its the 613 model..look on "coueswhitetail .com under tripods..great site there..the model 157 Q head works good with that tripod..also a Crown royal sack to add wt when needed..thats my main back packing tri-pod.. I have 5 tripods depending on what I,m doing~Danny

Keep in mind that weight dampens vibration from slight wind and breezes much better than light does. If you go to light, you kind of miss the point of having a top notch pod.

If you buy a Manfrotto be careful about what head you put on it.

Their tripods are light and sturdy but some of their heads are heavy. I sell a bunch of pistol grip heads but they are one of the heaviest heads out there. I like the 494RC2 mini ball head on mine. It will hold the heaviest 80mm scope on the market, plus it's really light. Manfrotto 039MT 3 section aluminum is only .4 of a pound heavier than a carbon one in the same size. So there is no need to spend over $350 on a carbon one when you can get a 039 for about $130.

Outdoorsman medium with a manfrotto ball head, then I add the manfratto quick disconnects to all my attachments. Haven't seen anything I like better yet and I have seen all the above

I love my Vanguard Alta 223 Tripod... one single handle for up and down and side to side movement... also nothing connecting the legs, so it give you toltal range of the different legs allowing you to move them as wide or narrow as you want... or to adjust each leg differently for odd terrain. I have yet to use one that I like better than the Vanguard.

http://livinthedream-rusty.blogspot.com/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom