Finally!!

BurnHunter

After many weeks of getting skunked, I am finally on the board for 2016 with a great set of fresh elk sheds! They were close to 400yds apart, and score right around 330"

First Side
2339dsc03369.jpg

Second Side
7796dsc03370.jpg

Pack Out
4892dsc03377.jpg

Together
9089dsc03380.jpg

Awesome find.... great looking set

at one angle they look like 2 different bulls when you start comparing sides. But then several things are simliar..

Great Set! you've got to have a great attitude to keep plugging away when things aren't going your way! Sounds like you really love the game.

PS. If you have been getting skunked for multiple weeks already it's probably because it's a little early. If you want to get out in early to mid march and find sheds you need to target groups of mature bulls, not just one or two, groups like 6 to 20 head. Make it a scouting trip, stay on the ridges, glass hard for bedded bulls and sheds in the open, not enough bone on the ground yet to tear the country apart. Best of luck this season Burnhunter!

Yeah, I know it was early to start, but usually we find a good amount of whites by now. All we have prior to this set was an old elk spike found by my dad, and two deadheads. Really no sheds prior to this set.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom