First time CO hunter

GLEDEASY

Drew a third season tag. Wife and I came for the weekend to get a look at the area. Would love to talk to someone who is familiar with unit 35.

I can see that private property will play a big factor with the hunt, but I already kind of knew that. I'm curious though, as I've looked at OnX decent there are roads that go through private and eventually make their way to public, according to the map. These roads were posted with a sign stating no trespassing, hunting, etc. They also stated no blm access. Having seen this I'm needing to determine if state law allows through traffic on these roads or not. Certainly going to play a big part on my decision making.

How slippery do these roads get when wet? I have a sxs that I'm debating about bringing. I would imagine the southwest part could be dicey. The other stuff I was on today didn't seem terrible.

Basically if its not a county road its not a access road. one of the biggest crocks of sh!t out there if you ask me, if the road goes through to public and is not an access road then the road needs blocked off at the private line. if the public cant use it then the land owner cant either. Especially if there is no other access to that road.

BLM does have quite a few public access easements. Only place I have been able to find these though is on a BLM map or Mytopo which is based off BLM maps.

Thanks for the info. That's gonna change some things then. Tried to stop at county and blm offices for a map on the way home. Didn't think about today being a holiday.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom