first time i found one of these

F

feyerfighter

went out to an area that i wasn't planning on finding much in today. I guess i'm not very good at guessing. i ended up coming out of there with 13 sheds. none of them were anything to get excited about but i did find this rare gem. anyone else find any thing like this?
4b4d57407fe1cb49.jpg

4b4d576d028f0a10.jpg

congrats on your finds.

years ago i found this buck that had died while shedding, but unfortunately no field pic...

winterkillshed.jpg

nice find thats pretty cool he only shed one. was the shed laying with the skull?

I have found a few buck skulls, but that is awesome you found the antlers that close. Cool find. Here are a couple pictures of the buck skulls I have found.

4b4e863546b81c70.jpg

4b4e878051ebd541.jpg

cool find!! I actually found a something interesting similar to this last year while shed hunting. I was walking this long draw when i spotted what looked to be a horn over in some deep sage brush. After closer examination i concluded that it was indeed an antler so i went over to pick it up. When i got over to it i had found a giant forky. If this horn had laid out the way most do it would have been well over 30. The really interesting thing about this horn was that it had taken what looked like a small portion of the skull with it when it shed. Needless to say I was pretty pumped up to say the least as i set off to find the other side. After about an hour and a half of searching and about six or seven sheds later i stumbled upon a dead buck that only had one nice four point side still attached. after cutting the spine off of it i was looking at the side that was missing the antler when it all of a suddon clicked. I took the big forky side off my pack and sure enough it was a perfect match. He ended up not being really wide but an extremely tall 4X2. A very unique find unfortunately i don't have any pictures of him here at college but when i go home i will be sure to take some and post them. By the way does anyone have any ideas what to do with him as far as taxidermy?

I found a VERY fresh lion kill once where the antlers had just shed and still had blood in the pedicles on the skull.
I back tracked to where the kill took place by following the hair trail and lion tracks in high hopes he knocked them off during the fight.
I was bummed they weren't there :-(

I did cut a fresh set of wildantlermans tracks though!! Lol ;-)

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom