Floppy eared carp 8, coues hunter 0

B

bullwidgeon

8 rough days of hunting desert mulies in 37A and let me tell you, the mulie hunters can keep 'em! I saw lots of does and fawns and weener bucks but none of the gorilla's that I know are there. I found 3 matched pairs of sheds all from decent bucks and 2 other sheds from different bucks. One of the single sheds is from a monster nontypical 2 years ago. One matched pair of sheds would score 165 gross or so with a 24 inch spread. I watched this buck last year a couple of times during the rut and he is why I put in for the tag here. This year rolls around and I can find his sheds and his home area but I couldn't jump him out to save myself. I am sick of cholla flats and mesquite thickets to thick to walk in and green grass in the bottoms of washes that is 4 feet deep!! Give me rolling oak hills and catclaw patches anyday of the week. The mulies are safe from me, it is coues hunting for the next few years for me. Having good 15 power glass is a complete waste of time when all the giant deer live in the flats and all you can see is 40-60 yards at the most. I will post some pictures of the sheds as soon as I find my digital camera. Good luck to all!!
Bret "wishin I had a coues tag" Mattausch

Brett, I know now that the coues addiction is above chasing the desert mulies. Even though I am pissed now, I expected to have a good one, I wouldnt trade chasing them for desert muley's....... Thanks, Allen......

I put the carp shed pics on the shed forum. I am wishing I could have found one of those bucks or the Non typ that was in there. Oh well! Anyone wanna go shedhunting?
Bret

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom