Frigging Coyotes

John_The_Bastard

Help me if you can. My sweetcorn patch is almost ready and Coyotes are beginning to rob me. Lots of tracks in the mud after the rain They pull a stalk and drag it out into the open and eat the corn. They are not as harmful as Raccoons as they eat the whole ear but they are very difficult to trap. I could care less whether they live or die but do not wish to share my corn with them. I do not want to set in a blind all night. Any suggestions.
J_T_B

I Feel your Pain John!

Coons Cleaned my Clock for the last time a couple years ago!

I don't Grow a Garden anymore!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-14 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]Salt lick, epoxy, razor blades, Works great for coons and coyotes, Just make sure no other animals can get at it..... and I wouldnt let the warden know about it

Hate garden pests. Go to all that work and in two nights a perfect garden is trashed. Luckily I don't have many pests wherein am at now. There has got to be some easy tricks or ways to wipe out the vermin.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Hey stonefly

I googled the salt block razor blade thing just to see what ca.e up. I got this one that said : Utah Died For Your Sins by Roy Zimmer. That was the craziest thing ever. It made BobcatBess' s tuneups look lame. Especially the motorcycle helmet anti-theft device.

Last year we had a bear picnic in our garden. Was lucky to get half dozen tomatoes and a small pan of carrots. All that work for little to nothing. SOB went right through the fence too...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

After years and years of fighting the coons, deer and the bears (no coyote problems here) I've learned what I can grow and what I can't. No apples, no plums, no corn, no strawberries.

I can grow squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots and beets. That's about it. I buy the rest of it at the Farmer's Market every year.

Much less stress in my life now days.:)

Having said that....I got a buck blacktail deer that shows up about every three days. For some reason he will pull up beet plants. He won't eat them, just pulls them up and leaves. Grrrr!

Heres what I tried last night. After a hard days work my clothes were soaked with sweat. I took thek and hung them on electric fence posts on the corn patch perimeter about 30 inches in height. No damage this morning. I have a hot days work planned today and will switch out the dirty laundry this evening. Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts.
J_T_B

We have discussed chasing them with my pack of hounds. J T B lives along a busy highway and the danger of getting the hounds ran over is significant. We may tie a hound up near the sweet corn patch to possibly scare away the coons and coyotes. We are thinking of methods to preserve the sweet corn and will share our plans with MM soon. I have about ten Walker and July hounds that will run the yotes down and will kill them.

Bean Man, we will hunting 61 again this September and will probably camp south of Columbine Cow Camp a couple of miles. Will do some corresponding with you soon. John The Bastard is our leader in elk camp.

Wind chimes, WD-40

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom