Game processors in Craig?

Crazy4Elk

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:08 pm Post subject: Game processors in Craig, CO area?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda last minute I know as I head up Friday, but here goes.

I have a 1st season elk tag and a second season deer tag and was not planing on heading home, but then I got to thinking? If I shoot an elk(please) opening day or early in the season I would have to keep it at camp for around 7 days give or take. I know the temps are not suppose to be to hugh but I hate to see meat go to waste.

So I got to thinking if there was a games processor in the craig area that would store my elk quaters for me....I do my own processing...just want them to keep it cool for me??

Any ideas.....might be cheaper to do that than drive all the way home???

Thanks, Marty

There is a game processing place in Baggs Wyoming just across the border. They have better prices for processing meat and do a better job. Not sure if they would offer the service you request but we go there everytime for meet processing when we get an animal and want to pay the money. When you get to Baggs stop at the gas station and ask for directions. It is just a block away from there.

The name is: Snake River Processing & Taxidermy

Their 22 year old son did the Taxidermy but he died this summer so now they ship it of to a guy in Cody. He is suppose to be world class. We sent off two antelop heads for him to do. It will be 10 months before we get them back.

Good luck. I hunted up there during the archery hunt but came home empty.

I've used Custom Quality Meats (1430 Yampa Ave, Craig - (970) 824-4668), right on Yampa Ave. (CO 13 north side of town). They've done a good job, don't know if they will store or not. I'll not be making the trip out this year(new baby), so let us know how you do. Good luck

nrueh

+1 on Custom Quality Meats. Those guys did a fantastic job on my Elk one year. No saws just knives and they trimmed all the whole cuts, didn't just hack them off and throw them in a wrapper.

Plus 3 on Custom Quality Meats. Used them a couple of years ago on my deer and they were great.

Go where its been said.STAY AWAY from MAYBEL They will do a rotten job & it will NOT be your deer that you get back.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom