General Archery Elk Rut

Hey just wondering what the bull activity will be like on the general archery elk hunt. do you guys usually see good rutting activity with bulls bugling by the last week of the archery hunt? I've found a few heards of cows. Can I expect bulls to show up with the cows on this hunt by the last week? (10th through 14th)

This will be my first season hunting the general tag in the northern part of the state, either the Uintas or the Wasatch front, so I'm not sure if bulls will be where I've already found cows or not. Any ideas?

I've hunted General Archery and if your lucky you might get them bugling tuesday or wednesday night before the the hunt ends friday

Last year I hunted the front. They didnt start really going nuts until the last week in september through the first week in october.

It be hit and miss for the rut. One day they might be sounding good but then several days of silence follow. They get a lot of pressure in both areas so there really isn't a perfect timing in my opinion. I tend to hear more bugles after dark which is what I use to locate potential herds....

www.biggamedrawodds.com

>It be hit and miss for
>the rut. One day they
>might be sounding good but
>then several days of silence
>follow. They get a lot
>of pressure in both areas
>so there really isn't a
>perfect timing in my opinion.
>I tend to hear more
>bugles after dark which is
>what I use to locate
>potential herds....
>
>
>www.biggamedrawodds.com

+1
More than likely the elk will come in silently to your calls Always be ready with an arrow nocked whenever you start calling!

99% of all bugles and cow calls you hear will be from other people.

If you wake up and can feel and smell the early dew of the morning and hear that big herd bull breaking the silence down in a meadow far away from others... then you know you're onto something....

Good luck to ya!

>99% of all bugles and cow
>calls you hear will be
>from other people.
>
>If you wake up and can
>feel and smell the early
>dew of the morning and
>hear that big herd bull
>breaking the silence down in
>a meadow far away from
>others... then you know you're
>onto something....
>
>
>Good luck to ya!

Nonsense... If that is true, trying getting off the quad.

Thanks for the advice guys. We're heading out for the entire last week of the hunt today so hopefully we can get into something. Good luck on your hunts.

-TeamBackcountry

Just got home tonight. They were talking all day long. Stay out from dark til dark. Bulls weren't coming to calls but were vocal. It's gonna get better as the week goes on.

Traditional >>>------->

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom