Getting Close

nate1982

So i was informed that second chance results would be posted around the 9th, since i had no points and this is my first time putting in in nevada i figured that the odds looked pretty good. I cannot imagine people wasting points on the second draw but i am not going to lose either way so it looked like a win win situation either way for me with the odds this year. Needless to say i was just wondering how many people have put in for the second chance draw and what is the turnout like? I have a feeling that i will be rubies bound come august but i hate to get myhopes up before i got the tag in my hand!!

Turnouts good enough I have never seen a tag go to first come firs serve after the second draw. I have picked up a area 6 and 17 archery tags in years past on the second draw,and have never conciderd it a waste of points i hade great hunts both times.

I agree, I would not want to use up a bunch of hard earned points on a mediocre unit. But as you said, it was a no loose situation for you. Good luck in the draw. fatrooster.

My guess is that lots more apply this year because there were even Rubies rifle and muzzleloader tags available with the huge tag increase and many will just put down archery choices since they are fuilling out an application anyway. Don't hold your breath this year. It would be a good second chance for those with only a point or two coming out of the regular draw. But like you said, points will keep most with more than that out...

who told you it was the 9th? huntnevada says the 20th...I sure hope they come out on the 9th though

Mark my words (crossing fingers that I am right), there will be leftover Rubies Archery tags for OTC sales. There are jsut way to many and not enough bowhunters to take them all.

~Jason Peterson
Mossy Oak ProStaff

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom