Got my antelope

alpinebowman

Well Me and the wife had ten days of absolute bowhunters bliss. We chased so many goats I can't remember half of them. I got mine on day 5 and spent the rest of the time as guide to the wife. I got my goat by stalking him after he bedded and with the great help of my wife to guide me(those sage brush flats look a little different once you get in them). I shot him right after he got out of his bed. Amity watched the whole thing and saw him go down. She said you should have seen me jumping around it the truck because I was so exited. I wouldn't have traded the biggest goat on the unit for that time. And see was a major trooper. the first day see biffed it crossing the river then she got sun burnt through her pants and got a huge blister. She then fell in a cactus after she got her foot caught while going through the fence and last but not least I almost got us lost on Saturday night. I don't think I could find a better woman for me.

Here is a pic of home sweet home for 10 days. We had quite the sweet setup.
camp1.jpg

Here he is. He is a little under 11 inches tall but he carries his mass pretty well. He is an average goat for the area.
kjoantelope1.jpg

kjoantelope2.jpg

And of course he had to be on the wrong side of the river so I had to carry him about a quarter of a mile and across the river to get him to the truck.
kjoantelope3.jpg

And here is a pic of the big one I saw the day after I killed mine. We saw him again on Sunday but couldn't make it happen.
livegoat1.jpg

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

I would have never seen the gloves ?if it weren't pointed out? with the big buck and big smile on your face. "It was a funny picture"!

Nice job Ken hope your wife tags out also so you can hunt for your deer!

That is good for a laugh!!!
Don't get the blood on your hands or arms!!!!

haha..thanks...
and congrats!!!!

It was way fun to watch!! :O)
I guess some one has to be the comic relief!! But we didn't need it!! It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to get mine!!

Nice job! Hopefully the Mrs. gets one too! Next to elk, I think antelope are the most fun to bowhunt! Thanks for sharing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom