Grand Mesa Moose Dreaming

BeanMan

Long Time Member
I just filled out all my Colorado applications online. I am dreaming that I'll be the lucky first tag holder for Moose issued on the Grand Mesa of Colorado. Trying for muzzleoader. 8 points.

Just Dreaming,

BeanMan

Good luck----I've been applying since day 1. Got the 3 max points & lots of weighted points. I went for unit 6. CB

If you get drawn, just hope that the mosquitos don't carry off your bull before you get there!
That mesa has the thirstiest mosquitos I've ever seen.
Bob

AZBob,

I only live about 35 minutes from where I would hunt the Mesa. By that time of year the skeeters will be gone. It is a buggy spot though. When we go up to esacape the heat we go to the SW corner, Flowing Park, where there are much fewer mosqweetoes due to a lot less standing water.

bean

I'm pulling for you Bean--I've got 1PP so I'm no competition!

It's pretty cool to have moose hunting this close--hopefully things will keep going well and we can have several tags in a few years.

Bean,

We'll be in competition, well kind of I've got the 3 PP's but no weighted points. I've still got to get my application in.

I was planning on putting in for one of the new areas also but not sure which one as I've no experience over there. I plan to make some calls to friends over near there. I also have 8 pts but will likely put in for rifle sometime as I'm hoping to muzzy for elk. Any thoughts you'd want to share on moose in these new areas? We started seeing moose last year in an area we've hunted for 25 years so I assume they migrate naturally. We've hunted in 444 which is E of Glenwood and S or Eagle. Good luck on the draw as I'm assuming it will take a lot of luck to draw no matter where you apply although adding 5 areas should help!

Maybe I should have applied for my Parents backyard. Dad took this pic from the deck yesterday morning in Steamboat Springs
090319mommamooseaj.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom