How long has Unit 81 deer been a draw tag?

105Coues

I hunted this area in 2008 with my father on a Reg D tag. Just wondering how long it has been a draw and have the numbers improved. I would love to talk to someone who has hunted it recently. If you are willing to chat, pm me and I will give you my number. Thanks!

>I believe it was 2013 when
>those areas went limited.

Yep! I just went through the yearly draw odds and 2013 was the first LQ draw for unit 81 deer.

Me and my boys are looking at hunting this unit. We have 4 points. Looks like the unit has good success rate and plenty of hunting ground. I don't know what to expect out of the hunt far as quality and terrain. If we need to bring atv or plan on hiking. We would rather hike in areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would be careful with this unit as a number of tags drawn last year were held over as there was a 20,000 acre fire within the unit. The numbers are skewed because of the reduced hunters and tags have been reduced this year as well. Should be a good unit in the next 2 to 3 years as long as the migration has not changed due to the fire.

I put my wife and her dad in for this area also. They have never got to hunt together. She should have enough points to drag him in so they could do a hunt and Ill hopefully get to go?. I Am curious about this unit also in case they draw. We are non residents so we will have to stay out of the wilderness areas but hopefully enough non to do good.i guess we'll know in a few days.?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-19 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]I have some good info on that unit. I hunted it last year and me and my partner tagged out on two good deer. PM me

>I hunted this area in 2008
>with my father on a
>Reg D tag. Just wondering
>how long it has been
>a draw and have the
>numbers improved. I would love
>to talk to someone who
>has hunted it recently. If
>you are willing to chat,
>pm me and I will
>give you my number. Thanks!
>

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom