Huge Wyoming buck wolf kill

3bigelkid

Got this in an email. Said it was a wolf kill. Other pics that wouldn't upload show Wyoming fish and game looking over the kill site! If you look at the score you will see it is one of those rare bucks that will make both books NT & typical.

481f3486729a7842.jpg

481f34dd74721e80.jpg

WOW!! That is a toad of a buck.. I think that those are his gross scores...so he would make Safari Club, but not B&C...but who cares..GROSS is all that really matters anyway!!

Actually..in looking at the score sheet again, it looks like he would sneak in Boone and Crockett as a nontypical... Damn...what a waste of a GREAT buck!

I've been closely following the posts in a couple of sites popular with wolf lovers over the past couple of months. Those people are pretty passionate about their causes. They've been given everything AND MORE required for the de-listing. And, do you think they're happy now? They are really up in arms about the Wyoming management plan - can't handle the thought of even a single wolf being taken, with a few exceptions for predation of sheep/cows.

Three years ago our hunt was ruined by these blood-thirsty predators. We were warned that they had been sighted in the area where we were packing into - an area where we'd seen PLENTY of large bucks and bull elk and moose in the prior several years - an area way outside of Yellowstone. That year we saw 1 29" buck, no doe, a lone cow elk, no moose. No meat for us that year.

This year, the wolf is not protected where I and my 2 boys will be hunting. Maybe we'll see wolves - maybe not. At least if we do see any, we won't need to worry about the lawfulness of removing them. (yesssssssss)

Anyway, we need to be careful about providing the wolf lovers with any ammunition that help them in their causes. They are intent on filing lawsuit after lawsuit until they get their way.

Oh, and yes they are keeping a close eye on sites like MM

I don't understand, the wolf lovers told me they would mostly eat elk and leave the deer and bighorn sheep alone. Seeing that bighorn sheep numbers were already in trouble the wolves promised they would leave them alone to!

That's it!
I am going to get me one of those varmint ar-15 rifles, foxpro predator call, and a few hundred rounds of ammo. Then I am going to go calling when they are having their pups. Hope to post a few pictures soon.

I just did a service call to a fella who just returned, had been working Yellowstone, on a couple Wolf projects, for last three months. He said that there are a "lot" of "big" bucks dead in the park from wolves. He reasoned that the rut had worn down the bigger bucks and with the Winter,... made them easy prey.

I'm no wolf lover but it seems funny that the found date was Nov, 7th shortly after hunting season and just as the rut was peaking. I'd like to see the pic's of the kill site. Mite give the north Pindale Warden a call and see what Buba knows about it.

hummmmmmmmmmmm!
make ya wonder...
was there a ram head close by! Wyoming is very tough on
folks who pick up skulls, racks, horns...its basiclly an instant ticket!!!
warden say people shoot the bucks then come later and hack the heads off(on winter ranges).. If game and fish is checking kill site it must be because a cittion was issused.. that band is a non resi harvest band I think!
WE WILL BE HEARING MORE ON THIS I BET!!
RM

It could be a wolf kill, but there's a lot of pic's that show up on the internet that the story that came with them have nothing to do with what really happen. I was in Pinedale the 1st of Nov. and there was not much for snow yet so I don't see the weather having alot to due with the kill.
G&F checking a kill site is not that odd, for all I know it could be a road kill.

The guy that measured it will see more big bucks in a season then most of us will see in a life time I'd say his numbers are real close. took me awhile to put the name together, I don't use outfitters.
the fact that he still has the head means there is not any poaching involed.
I'd guess there's a good chance that it was a wolf kill.

Xtec,
Have you heard the real cause of death of this giant? The other pics in the email are not very conclusive that it was a wolf kill. However, it is definatly, a F&G officer doing a field autopsey.

I talked to the ladies that found him (one of them is in your picture). He was pulled down by wolves in the general area that he summered in but down next to the main road. I was told that the body was still warm when the Game and Fish inspected the scene so he was killed the night before or even the same morning that he was found. His antlers were mounted but I have not seen them in person. Heck of a deer.

I recieved these pics and some differant ones of this back last winter from a friend of mine that works in the area. This buck had been chased around by a lot of people the last few years and was well known locally. Unfortanitly he was shot in the foot and wounded by a hunter and the wolves got him and finished him off, sad way to go for sure.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-08 AT 02:22PM (MST)[p]I thought that buck looked familiar. I got this picture last year, nothing mentioned about wolves in the email I received.
pb070005.jpg

Can't waite until the Wolf season begins in Idaho this year!! I'll be first in line to kill one of those SOB's!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom