Hunt Expo

acafton

Any information on what the odds are for the draws at the expo? I assume they aren't great, just wanting to know if it is worth the long trip.

I will never understand why people are worried about the expo tag odds. They suck its not like you have expo tag points, and each year your odds get better. Donate your money, if your lucky, and draw a tag thats just a bonus. If the only reason your coming down is to draw a tag stay home.

Ha ha. Here we go with another person thinking they have a right to become an informed consumer. Not going to happen. The King owns the "public" tags used to hunt "public" big game animals and the King can do as he pleases. You have probably nixed any chance at a Utah tag, too, by even speaking. Trust the King and trust the drawing is not personally done by the King. Good luck.

Yes, the reason I want to know what the odds are is I would like an additional opportunity to draw a tag. I have put in for tags for several western states over the last 20 years with dismal draw odds, and am fine with that. Let me be the judge of is the money worth it based on the odds. The question more specifically is not should I or shouldn't I make the trip, but is there a way to know what the draw odds have been in the past. A website or data sheet??? I have searched online and not found anything. I have a hard time believing all the people that that donate money for the chance of drawing a tag at the expo are just do gooders who aren't concerned with the chance of possibly getting a tag. I always understand the risk here on monster muleys of the peanut gallery trying to be witty and get attention or get a larger number of posts placed by their name....I am fine with that too and am not offended. If one or two people give helpful information, that is all I am looking for. 3x4 not helpful at all. I sincerely have no idea what Outdoors is talking about.

Dude the issue has been brougt up ALOT, that is why you got the responses you did, and no there is no where you can go to get draw odds for the Expo tags there is none, do a search on here you will see LOTS and LOTS of oppions on the matter, and you will probly get a LOT of oppions on this post.

Just leting you know.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I'm not trying to be rude, but this has been brought up before. If you do the math, there is 200 tags with thousands of people putting in for each tag. I would say 1-100 odds are not good, but 1 in some thousand suck. Yes I think people look at it differnt ways. Last year I donated my anual 50 bucks, and walked away with a bison tag. Did I think I had a chance at drawing absolutly not, but someone has to draw.

The only odds that matter are the ones that say, "if you don't put in you have absolutely 0 chance" IMHO

This is getting old. I love that the odds aren't posted, it gives me a better chance cause I put in for every hunt while others are limiting themselves to try and guess where they have the best "odds" at drawing a tag.
You don't like it, don't play or put up some money for wildlife and put in for every tag and guarantee you are in the drawing for the tag with the best odds.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

i think your question has been answered. not in the most politically correct way but that seems to be the way on here.

does a guy really need to do a search on this forum before he askes a question.

we would run out of things to talk about if you could only bring them up once!

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

A valid question has been asked theres no reason to get wise about it. the fact of the matter is the odds have to suck, so looking at it as a realistic way to get a tag is a waste of time and money, kind of like winning the lottery to buy a governors tag would be.

I'm going to be there but I doubt very much I'll get involved in that game, I'm going to the auction and if a a tag trys to go too cheap I'll spend my money that way.

1 to 100 odds for a chance at one tag
1 to 1000 odds for a chance at one tag

well if I put in for the whole shebang that will be better odds in one drawing than I will have in my whole life as a Utah resident!!
I'M IN!!

if it makes some money for conservation Im also in.
I also wounder if I can use it for an extra tax right off?

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Not sure about he tax right off Scott, but that is a great question. All I know is the odds suck, but you will not draw if you don't put in. My Brother and I have both drawn so I know it is possible!

I did not support these tags being pulled from the public draw, but I do support conservation so, I will play as long as they are benefiting wildlife in some way.

To answer the original question, If your interested in a great gathering of hunters to talk to, tell stories and see some incredible taxidermy, come on up to the show. The tags are just a huge bonus. Good luck everyone!

Orion I was not saying he should do a search before he posts a question, I was pointing out a way for him to find out all the info he could on the subject he asked about.

I was not being rude at all, I was helping him out.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

So I wanted to know when the results are posted for the expo tag draw, so I started a response to ask that. Then I stopped and searched the forums and couldn't see that answer on there. So then I opened another tab and searched for that on the web, and promptly found it under the facts page on the hunt expo website.

So it is possible to find answers without posting your questions after all. My advise is to just ask the question and check back later as that would've been easier and faster.....

So are any of you wondering when they post the results????

I suggest you get off your lazy 4$$ and do a search!.. :)

(by friday the 19th)

Who says the money goes toward benefiting wildlife??? They haven't been held accountable for where they spend the money... So is it truly going to wildlife, or lining someone's pockets? I'm not accusing, I'm just saying no one has seen the books...

Cool

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom