hydration/electrolyte

bullskin

Very Active Member
Now that I no spring chicken I am finding that my legs cramp up when transporting game up and out. Salt tablets help, but I am looking for something better. Is anyone convinced that they have found a superior product on the market? Thanks.

I've been using some products made by Wilderness Athlete. Pretty sure it's called Hydrate & Recover. It seems to help better than anything I've ever tried. I also use Energy & Focus for a little boost when needed. They don't perform miracles but seem to help.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-13 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]In the Costco pharmacy they Carrie pills called of all things Leg cramp.They work very well for me cramps are gone in no time.Over the counter no prescription needed.

There is a new drink out called new aquos. I tried it because a friend swears by it. It is like a gatorade, but it has some protein in it as well. It is supposed to have some special potassium to sodium ratio that keeps you hydrated and feeling better for longer. I thought it was hype, but I actually felt better drinking that than any other drink I had tried. The kicker is that it is not available in a whole lot of places. The seven elevens in Park City have it and I think The Market does as well. There are a few places in Kamas and Heber that carry it as well.

A couple of years back my wife became dehydrated due to illness and I had to take her to the ER. We always used Gatorade and we had tried that prior to going to the ER. I learned something that day from the ER doc. The Doctor said if a person wants to replenish electrolyte or rehydrate you must dilute the Gatorade or other comparable brands with water 50%. The Doc. Indicated that the Gatorade straight out of the bottle has to high a sugar content which does not allow your body to matabilze (spelling) ..(break down and absorb) the electrolytes. We started diluting the Gatorade in our Camelbacks and we have not had any issues since.

))))------->

Good to know, you learn something new every day. That was actually one thing I liked about the new Aquos is that it had a third less sugar than gatorade.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom